Senior Power System Controls Engineer
- You will program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- You will program Human Machine interfaces (HMI’s)
- You will design and implementation of power system control schemes including switchgear transfer control, load management control, generator control, microgrid control, and SCADA system development.
- You will quote general turnkey control projects (analyze specifications, price all applicable labor and materials, write a proposed scope of work, etc.)
- You will be responsible for working with substation, SCADA, and industrial communication protocols including Modbus, Ethernet/IP, DNP3 and IEC 61850.
- You will be responsible for test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution (Electrical/Computer/Systems Engineering)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with PLC's and power systems experience.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered. Candidates must reside within 80km of the locations listed.
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, Codesys logic programming software with a preference to structured text language.
- Knowledge and proficiency Knowledge and proficiency working with Ethernet layer 2 and layer 3 networking and experience implementing industrial/OT type networks.
- Knowledge and proficiency of common substation IED’s, protection relays, metering, event recorders, time synchronization, etc., across multiple vendors.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Candidate must be bilingual in English and French
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time