Senior Engineer VAVE
2. Identify, support and execute Plant and Product Management top cost out activities/Projects where needed using Cost Out templates for basic project management, including: project charter, financial assessment, 4-up, and schedule.
3. Lead Engineering efforts on critical direct material cost-out projects, including idea development, prototype, project execution, and plant/business system implementation
4. Use manufacturing/supply chain/finance information to validate cost savings opportunities.
5. Provide technical soundness of design decisions and products changes to facilitate manufacturing, reduce cost, substitute material, improve quality and accommodate special customer needs.
6. Request and maintains on-track the capital spending/appropriation and expenses required for the project.
7. Supports the organizational capacity, training and development plan to achieve the required level of knowledge of the product & processes changes.
8. Ensures product quality/performance on CTQs is not compromised.
9. Coordinates and executes appropriate testing of product changes and sees through to approval, including functional, life testing, certification (ex: UL), PPAP, etc.
10. Participates in negotiations with suppliers, developing Request for Quote drawing packaging, evaluating quotes for parts, tools and services.
11. Prevent and correct manufacturing issues that affect product function ability.
12. Report out performance on project status to cost out leads and managers using various communication methods, including use of Cost Out SharePoint, escalating when issues arise that affect the project critical path.
Qualifications1. Bachelor degree in Industrial, Electronic, Design, Electromechanical Engineering, or similar careers.
2. Minimum experience of 3 – 5 + years in engineering positions, with a strong emphasis on maintenance of line and design.
3. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
4. Computer knowledge: MS-Office, MS-Project, MRP / AS400, Vista, Enovia, Qlikview, Microsoft SharePoint, CAD tools (Pro-Eng [Creo 2.0], SolidWorks, AutoCAD (3D & 2D modeling/detailing) or equivalent and drawing interpretation skills), Minitab (statistical sowftware).
5. Engineering process tools: DFMEA, Tolerance analysis, engineered material selection and product costing, tooling, Six Sigma
6. Proven knowledge in Project Management, Process Control, and Lean/6-Sigma tools.
7. Prefer knowledge in Eaton quality systems, Enovia document control system.
8. Competencies: Think & Acts Strategically, Gets Results Through Self & Others, Builds Organizational Capability, Demonstrates our leadership style.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time