Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Rim-Forming Weld/Balancer (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Rim-Forming Weld/Balancer to join our team. This position is based at our Brooklyn, OH facility.
The Rim-Forming Weld/Balancer, under directive supervision, sets up and operates punch equipment (Whitney or equivalent) in performing all types of work, within the capacity of the machines, for production and contract parts, and on tools, jigs and fixtures at a pro-rated tool rate; sets up, operates and performs preventative maintenance on work area machines and equipment such as: roll formers, welders, saws, resizer presses, punches, hand tools, single-spindle drills, cutting/forming/sizing equipment in performing all types of work within the capacity of the machines for production, experimental, and contract parts; inspects, identifies, deburrs, and packages rims for shipment; operates material handling devices within the work area, maintains, monitors, and recommends supplies within the work area; sets up and operates tape controlled or manual horizontal or vertical balancing machine to dynamically and statically balance clutch elements and other rotating machine parts – flywheels, spiders, hubs, drums, etc.; specifies amount and angle of unbalance and indicates where weight removal or addition is required for correction; when required, checks residual unbalance after correction and documents; makes correction by adding and removing weights.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will operate punch equipment (Whitney or equivalent), or other necessary equipment to punching operations, utilizing clamps, holding fixtures, drill jigs, or other suitable work holding devices or attachments to efficiently machine all types of parts made from castings, forgings, bar stock, plate stock or other materials in operations on production.
- You will set up metal forming machines and tooling to perform jobs as specified by drawings or sketches.
- You will maintain tolerances consistent with the requirements of the work and the characteristics of the machine.
- You will maintain tolerances and specifications consistent with requirements of the work and the characteristics of the machine utilizing statistical process control (SPC) concepts. Verifies tolerances and specifications of incoming material, work that is in process, and finished product, entering and leaving the work area.
- You will maintain cutting tools in good condition by replacing with reground or new tools from the tool crib or re-sharpening drills, as required.
- You will maintain machine tools in good condition by making minor adjustments and recommending that repairs be made by the Maintenance Department, as required.
- You will operate electric hoist or crane, as required, for moving heavy pieces in the course of the work.
- You will operate other machine tools, within the operator’s ability, in cases of emergency.
- Simultaneously, when practical, you will operate two or more work area machines equipped with manual or automatic clamps, vises, special holding fixtures or attachments to efficiently machine, weld, fabricate, form, size, deburr, layout, identify, package, and move all types of materials on production, experimental, and contract parts.
- You will set up equipment and presets tooling to perform jobs in the work area as specified by paperless information systems, written or typed manuscripts, and operator manuals; verifies setup and production dimensions, specifications, and requirements.
- You will operate work area equipment to perform salvage on parts rejected due to previous machining errors, faulty materials, or design changes.
- You will operate work area equipment for maintenance operations on buildings or machinery.
- You will maintain all work area equipment in good condition by performing preventative maintenance; requests maintenance materials and replacement parts from the Maintenance Department, as required.
- You will perform layout as required for production, contract, tooling, and maintenance work.
- You will operate all machine tools and equipment within the work area, as required.
- You will identify and deburrs pieces manually or with equipment, as necessary.
- You will move production and contract parts, tools, and materials within the work area, by using all types of material handling equipment.
- You will qualify production and contract parts within the work area for outside purchase operations; prepares necessary documents.
- You will operate tape controlled vertical balancer(s) equipped with chucks, clamps or special holding fixtures or attachments to efficiently balance production and contract parts. Operates on manual data input when required.
- You will operate horizontal balancing machines equipped with arbors and special holding fixtures or attachments to efficiently balance production and contract parts.
- You will mount, balance, remove, and check element or part on balancing arbor or plate, as required, determining amount of weight(s) and position(s) necessary to balance part, to bring part into balance within limits specified by Engineering Department.
- You will balance arbor and plates used in the operation and maintaining them in good condition.
- You will check balancing machines to ensure accurate readings and good operation and recommending that repairs be made by the Maintenance Department, as required.
- You will cut and mount weights for balancing.
- You will instruct and train employees assigned to the work area.
- You will participate in work area review meetings and activities to enhance the operation of the team.
- You will pass accurate, timely information concerning the status of the work area between shifts.
- You will visit vendors and customers, as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 6 months of experience in welding fabrication
- No relocation offered; candidate must reside within 50 miles of Brooklyn, OH site
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Must possess a set of standard tools and measuring instruments to be used in the work.
Position Success Criteria:
- Must have demonstrated ability to receive and pass on information and instructions and obtain satisfactory work results from employees assigned to the work; must be willing to travel for training and educational purposes.
- Must demonstrate a good attendance record.
- Must be willing to adapt and operate within a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel at Company expense for business needs.
- Must be able to follow routing instructions and operate simple machinery.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No