Operations Manager - Fabrication
- Ensures production objectives are met within approved budget, schedules, and quality specifications.
- Develops improvements in production methods, standards and procedures to ensure effective use of resources.
- Ensures compliance with safety rules and regulations by all employees.
- Fosters a relationship of teamwork throughout the plant.
- Promotes continuous improvement throughout the organizations to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and total cost
- Develops and maintains a trained, quality minded manufacturing workforce.
- Review and evaluate performance, quality and cost improvement objectives for manufacturing departments.
- Implement changes and productivity improvements without negatively affecting morale or production.
- Drive value stream approach throughout the fabrication operations
- Develops a medium/ long term strategy for Fabricated components, including tooling types and insource/ outsource decisions
- Building org capability across the team, and supporting employee development
- Foster a culture that promotes the Eaton Quality Management System
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years managing people and/or project teams
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting high-volume fabrication processes
- Minimum 3 years cross-functional experience with scheduling, engineering and customer service functions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience supporting engineered-to-order products
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Leadership experience in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Eaton systems tools, including: VISTA, Bid Manager, AS-400, SWIFT and DMM
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, develop employees and facilitate corrective action while fostering an environment that supports Eaton values & philosophy.
- Change agent with strategic focus and executive command
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time