Senior Analyst, Materials
Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Senior Analyst,Materials to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI location.
The Senior Analyst, Materials will manage material planning activities from various outside suppliers for North American Truck operations. These activities include:
- Reviewing assigned items and responding to shortages, real and potential
- Communicating with suppliers regarding past due shipments and drop-in requirements
- Setting up and monitoring expedited freight
- Reviewing, updating and developing processes for the Materials Planning team
- Managing ECR/ECO deployment actions for assigned parts and suppliers
- Training and setting up suppliers in a vendor-managed inventory system
- Driving cleanup up of invoice holds and ASN holds
- Working closely with commodity teams to create and execute sourcing and ramp up/down plans
- Training and mentoring Materials Analysts
- Project management of VGNA Materials process deployment
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· Customer communication
o Providing component supply status to plants, CSR & SIOP teams in constrained part situations.
· Supplier communication
o Coordinate constrained part deliveries and recovery plans with suppliers.
o Execution of resourcing plans with new and incumbent suppliers.
o Conduct regular meetings with suppliers per process to ensure delivery of constrained parts
o Update of Priority Shortage reports status on assigned parts, communicating to plants proactively on status
o Communicate Supplier Delivery performance to the Commodity and SDE teams for long term resolution.
· Review and address material shortages
o Maintain Item Master records and sourcing setups as appropriate
· Expedited freight Monitoring
o Ensure premium freight request compliance on a monthly basis
o Expedited charter and international freight. Monitoring and providing feedback to carriers and materials team while freight is in-transit.
· Invoice holds review and cleanup for assigned suppliers
· ASN Review and Cleanup
o Resolve and eliminate aged ASN’s on a daily basis to ensure supply accuracy.
o Resolve any ASN that is not processed due to interface issue.
· Discrete planning
o Utilize standard ASCP tools to release purchase orders to suppliers at lead time.
Accepts flex assignments from time to time as required by Division.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years of experience in Materials Planning, Plant Scheduling, Logistics, or Supply Chain required
- Must be able to work in the U.S. now and in the future without sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this position. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Galesburg, MI location.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, or related operations/technical degree preferred
- Experience working with a plant or manufacturing operation is preferred
- Knowledge of Cognos Data warehouse tools, Oracle ERP, Supplier Visualization (Vendor Managed Inventory) is a plus.
Position Success Criteria:
- Willingness to pursue APICS certification
- Position requires working knowledge of MS-Excel, Logistics, Data analysis techniques using simple pareto charts and trend analysis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time