Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, you will develop & deploy the “Future State” of the complete value stream in each focus factory and elaborate solutions to find new/different/modern methods and new technologies of hose manufacturing leading to:
• Highest productivity
• safer processes,
• highest product quality,
• significantly less WASTE and scrap
• A higher degree of automation and process control with less labor content
Responsible to lead manufacturing process design, planning and execution for advanced new products. This includes process conceptualization, feasibility assessment, and validation. Leads capital equipment analysis, vendor selection and development. Plans and monitors manufacturing execution to key timing, cost and quality metrics.
Your key deliverables :
• Research and keep informed of state-of-the-art technology & designs and methods. Supports the implementation of new technologies, design and method changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through benchmarks, analysis of designs and problem solving techniques.
• Leverages advanced technology and innovation to improve the use and effectiveness of information systems. Seeks opportunities to eliminate waste associated with the flow of factory floor information
• Actively pursues knowledge in the process for design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques
• Analyzing the Current State through VSM, with special focus on waste reduction (Definition Waste: „unavoidable“ based on current equipment and processes, no operator/machine error, no CONC impact)
• Prioritize improvement opportunities based on waste results
• Develop the Future State based on insights from other hose plants and equipment supplier inputs.
• Prepare and get approval for Capital Requests for selected equipment upgrade. Track and report on project spending
• Deploy Future State by implementing new equipment in a safe and effective way, complying with EATON’s safety requirements. Review and evaluate process designs and recommend changes to facilitate manufacturing.
• Prepare capital and operating cost estimates for new products and changes in existing products by estimating equipment, tooling, and gauging costs. Determines machine production rates and manning requirements.
• Conceptualize, develop, and approve designs of special tools, machines, and gauges for manufacturing processes.
• Coordinate and perform machine runoffs to measure process and machine capability using SPC at vendor’s and Eaton’s facility and supervise in-house installations
• Train and inform operators, quality control technicians, front line leaders, and management on improved process techniques and new manufacturing concepts
• Meet with team members and present current equipment, process development, and appropriation spending progress on projects at regular reporting to sr. mgmt. (local and regional OpEx).
· Degree in Chemical Engineering discipline preferably in polymers fields.
· 4 years of experience minimum in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance with demonstrated ability to drive results in the area of Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Continuous Improvement, etc.
· Hose manufacturing knowledge. Prior hands on experience with production machining (Mixing, Extrusion, Braiding, Vulcanization, Wrapping)
· Equipment troubleshooting experience using schematics and drawings
· Budgetary/cost analysis experience
· Implementation of hose manufacturing equipment
· Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic management and project management, and EQS.
· In-depth experience with the practical application of Quality tools, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing/problem solving methodologies, e.g., 8D, 5 Why, A3.
· Preferred trainings: Project Management, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Rubber and PVC/Thermoplastic material, Hose Manufacturing process
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FCD
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No