Senior Global Trade Analyst
Are currently recruiting for a:
Senior Global Trade Analyst - Aersospace
The primary focus of the role:
The Sr. Global Trade Analyst will liaise with key business functions (Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Customer Service) to perform all aspects of preparation, submission, approval, monitoring and tracking export authorisations and licenses/agreements for the EU (e.g. OGELs, OIELs, SIELs, etc. ).
The role will also involve collaboration with the US Export Licensing Team on the management of US Trade Controls (ITAR, EAR, OFAC, etc.) along with follow up administrative support services. This position, working with the EMEA GTM Export Manager, will establish the working parameters, team processes/procedures and goal measurements indicators for obtaining the proper approvals prior to exporting or sharing controlled goods and intangibles.
Applying expertise in EU Government Export Control Organisations (BAFA, ECO, etc. ) review timeframes and communication with reviewing agencies. The position will ensure authorisations, licenses/ agreements are properly tracked and all recordkeeping requirements are being met by the EU sites. Create and deliver periodic awareness training across the company to achieve required standard of corporate compliance. Maintain and oversee Technology Control Plans at site(s).
Contributes to training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls. Supports management and internal teams in reviewing and resolving compliance. Develops and maintains thorough and current knowledge of international trade laws and regulations applicable to import and export authorization(s) related to activities. This position will contribute to the development, implementation and governance of international trade policies to ensure full compliance with international regulations regarding import and export transactions.
Support Eaton in reaching its GTM goals and objectives specific to authorisation management, approvals and administration thus reducing overall liabilities, establishing consistency and maintaining Eaton’s compliance obligations.
· Develop and deploy throughout assigned Business Unit sites all applicable authorizations
· compliance processes and procedures in conjunction with varies other functions within Eaton.
· Manage key functional personnel identified as authorisation specialists assuring compliance with
· trade regulations, ensuring maximum output and quality deliverables.
· Assist in the development and implementation of local Trade policy and procedure.
· Detailed review of authorisations team’s work and supporting documentation to
ensure Eaton maintains its compliance obligations
· Act as escalation point/ super user for team members with sites and UK government agencies.
· Provide regular reports to sites and management (including metrics, license approval status etc.)
· Support Risk assessment and audit actives.
· Ensure policies and procedures are maintained as needed.
· Provide analytical support to implement new processes for new international activity including
· Acquisitions and Divestitures initiatives, projects and audits.
· Work with IT teams to establish the proper working tools and security parameters.
Specific Experience required for this position:
· Must have a strong working knowledge of UK Export Controls and export licensing requirements, including liaison with Export Control Organisation on both tactical and strategic licencing issues, and Compliance Inspections.
· Must have a strong practical experience of managing both US Trade Compliance controls within a European programme environment.
· Must have experience and proven success in supporting, driving, executing and maintenance of policies and procedures in a decentralized/ matrixed environment.
· Self-rate or submit rating requests for export classifications Issue import clearance instructions and maintain appropriate records.
· Develop and maintain programme and/or product export control plans
· Maintain export records ensuring entries are valid and compliant with ECO requirements.
· Working knowledge of regulatory administrations governing jurisdictions relative to international trade, specifically those affecting the movement of good and services.
· Demonstrate the ability to establish and successfully lead a team of licensing specialist to meet corporate demands and goals.
· Strong analytical, negotiation and influencing capabilities.
· Knowledge of audit, assessment procedures and evaluation of internal controls.
· Working knowledge regarding the service capabilities, role and responsibilities of Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders and Logistics Service providers.
· Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written word to all levels of corporate management, functional staffs, line level employees and government officials.
· Ability to think critically and have strong strategic planning and project/program management skills.
· Experience with Trade Compliance processes and procedures associated with ERP software systems, a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time