Demand Manager, EMEA
Eaton's Aerospace FED Division has an opening for a:
The Demand Manager leads the development of strategy, processes, and tools for the company’s key forecasting activities within the division. This position will represent the division demand planning department in key cross-functional decisions, including short- and long-term strategy discussions, product initiatives, strategic business planning, and systems integration. Leads the aggregation and analysis of topline demand forecasts and highlights the risks and opportunities pertaining to market and economic factors, enabling senior leadership the support analysis needed to drive improved profitability, volume growth, and achieve channel objectives.
- Drive the monthly consensus demand planning process, including reporting aggregate plans to senior management on forecasts, assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- Lead the coordination of market intelligence, customer forecasts and demand inputs from Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, New Product and Program management teams.
- Document and challenge forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, statistics, business trends, and demand patterns.
- Provides leadership, drives organizational capability and sets objectives for the business unit, leading to continuous improvement of the forecast process and the adoption of best practices.
- Monitor changes in the key business drivers, perform analysis, and possess the ability to shape the analytical findings into a meaningful business story to drive decision making.
- Develop accountability for demand management through performance measures and provide feedback to the participants in the process.
- Participate in detailed supply analysis and review meetings; work with business to collect key planning issues, clarify business implications, outline countermeasures, plan and monitor progress
- Owns SIOP KPI’s and drives accountability through cross-functional teams to drive maturity
- Owns and Drives Demand Transparency deployment across BU
- Key contributor to the monthly SIOP, annual profit planning and 5-year strategic planning cycles. Drives building a consensus forecast during current year and a rolling 24-months
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in demand planning, SIOP, or Integrated Business Planning
- Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of financial and operational impacts
- Demonstrated success in team development and driving results through others
- Ability to lead deployment projects for EDI/ EMT
- Strong analytical, financial, and strategic thinking skills
- Proactive, self-directed and action-oriented with strong decision making skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Understanding of best practices in demand analysis, production, and inventory planning
- Experience with Forecast Pro, Demantra, or other statistical software packages
- ERP/MRP functionality expertise
- Ability to lead team towards metrics based objectives
- APICS/CPIM or S&OP Certification a plus
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time