Customer Service Representative
Eaton’s B-line division located in Highland, IL has an opening for a customer service representative.
The Customer Service Representative provide world class customer support to both internal and external customers while maintaining complete awareness of all matters affecting a defined region of customers. The customer Service Representative follows all internal policies and procedures to help meet company goals for revenue growth and profitability.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will communicate directly with customers and outside sale representatives via phone and email to represent the company and obtain orders.
- You will advise customers of availability, price, and terms in line with standard parameters. Exercises limited authority in pricing to meet competitive pressures.
- You will coordinate with other departments to quote lead times and delivery dates for product which is not in stock
- You will accurately processes all customer requests including orders (received via phone, fax, or electronically from Manufacturers reps, distributors, OEM’s & internal sales personnel), Return Material Authorizations and credit requests in the appropriate database.
- You will follow up as necessary with other departments (eg. Operations, Purchasing, Shipping & Finance) to ensure delivery dates are met, and proactively communicates delayed shipments to customers.
- You will resolve problems with shipments or invoicing. Issues Return Goods Authorizations and enters replacement orders as necessary and raises the appropriate quality notifications to ensure root cause of issues are addressed. Coordinates with B-Line production, engineering, and accounting departments for the processing of credits, warehouse releases, and returned materials authorization.
- You will be responsible for ensuring issues are escalated to managers for prompt investigation and action as required
- You will advise customers on use and application of standard products and refers more technical inquiries to appropriate personnel. Cross-references B-Line products with competitor’s products to highlight the breadth of our line and suggest alternatives to make the sale. Suggests add-on products to customer’s order, as appropriate to meet customer needs and increase the value of the order.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- No relocate is offered for this role; Candidates must reside within 50 miles of highland, IL
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- 3 years of customer service experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with customers, subordinates, and other members of management via the phone, e-mail, and other written and verbal communication mediums.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude under stress
- Good mechanical aptitude to understand product applications at end user level.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time