Lead Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst. The Lead Financial Analyst will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Lead Financial Analyst supports Global and Americas Headquarter functions with forecasting, profit planning and detailed evaluation /reporting on results. Additional responsibilities include month-end close, year-end reporting, SOX / financial policy compliance and miscellaneous evaluation and reporting.
what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the
world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery
become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like
you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support headquarter budget owners with forecasting and profit planning activities as well as Corporate, Industrial Sector or Hydraulics related initiatives as needed.
- You will prepare insightful breakdowns that drives data-oriented decision making by deploying efficient data evaluation techniques and tools.
- You will communicate headquarter results to senior managment and budget owners on a monthly basis, with commentary and variance analysis.
- You will support the transition of standard work activities from headquarters and operations to a newly formed financial support team in India.
- You will support headquarters controller with other requirements including year-end reporting, balance sheet reviews, account reconciliations, internal/external audit requests, accounting process documentation and strategic planning.
- You will work in a team environment with other analysts and financial colleagues to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- You will ensure compliance with SOX, internal controls, Eaton financial policies and US GAAP.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance or accounting is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- MBA or Masters in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Manufacturing accounting/finance experience
- Strong interest in budget forecasting/planning and monthly reporting. Functionally proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel) preferred.
- Requires strong attention to detail and personal commitment to quality
- High-Level evaluation and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes
- Sense of urgency, self-motivated; focused
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented, dependable, and accountable for work deliverables and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work alone and with a team; to communicate articulately, with passion, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively influence stakeholders
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial results and evaluation required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only