Lead Financial Analyst
Eaton’s $2B Hydraulics business serves global and diverse markets and customers with four major product lines: Power & Motion Controls, Fluid Conveyance, Golf Grip, and Filtration. 75% of the hydraulics business is focused on mobile segments (joystick controls, gear pumps, manifolds) and 25% on stationary segments (coolers, cylinders, piston & vane pumps). Headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN, we are constantly advancing hydraulics products in new and innovative ways.
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is seeking a Financial Analyst based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
In this role, you will support our team with forecasting, profit planning and detailed evaluation /reporting on results, month-end close, year-end reporting, SOX / financial policy compliance and miscellaneous evaluation and reporting.
Making what matters work
at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an
environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and
every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full
potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support headquarter budget owners with forecasting and profit planning activities as well as Corporate, Industrial Sector or Hydraulics related initiatives as needed.
- You will prepare insightful breakdowns that drives data-oriented decision making by deploying efficient data evaluation techniques and tools.
- You will communicate headquarter results to senior managment and budget owners on a monthly basis, with commentary and variance analysis.
- You will support the transition of standard work activities from headquarters and operations to a newly formed financial support team in India.
- You will support headquarters controller with other requirements including year-end reporting, balance sheet reviews, account reconciliations, internal/external audit requests, accounting process documentation and strategic planning.
- You will work in a team environment with other analysts and financial colleagues to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- You will ensure compliance with SOX, internal controls, Eaton financial policies and US GAAP.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- 5 years of experience in finance or accounting is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or Masters in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Accounting/finance experience in the manufacturing industry
- Strong interest in budget forecasting/planning and monthly reporting. Functionally proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel) preferred.
- Requires strong attention to detail and personal commitment to quality
- High-Level evaluation and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes
- Sense of urgency, self-motivated; focused
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented, dependable, and accountable for work deliverables and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work alone and with a team; to communicate articulately, with passion, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively influence stakeholders
- Experience in preparing and presenting financial results and evaluation required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only