Maintenance Support (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical Products Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Support (Electrical and Mechanical) member to work 2nd Shift. This position will be based at our Roanoke, VA facility.
The Maintenance E&M is a member of the Maintenance Team and is responsible for supporting the entire Eaton Roanoke facility and grounds through maintenance support.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will Install, maintain and repair such items as electrical, plumbing, and machine equipment involving metal work, plant carpentry and painting.
- You will work closely with site leadership to support production and distribution center initiatives including production line set-up and relocation, equipment modifications, storage racking set-up and maintenance, and conveyor set-up and relocation.
- You will install new, or alter existing equipment and facilities including lighting, ventilation, air lines, conveyor systems, phone system wiring and programming.
- You will determine malfunction of equipment and facilities; repair or replace defective items.
- You will inspect and perform preventative maintenance including machine lubrication and adjustments as necessary to maintain proper operation
- You will test fire alarms and troubleshoot as necessary.
- You utilize hand and power tools in performance of duties to fabricate various materials as needed.
- You operate mechanized lifting and moving equipment as required for performance of job duties.
- You maintain buildings, grounds, and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- You will support continuous improvement efforts through assisting with facility and layout changes, equipment updates, warehouse racking changes, etc.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience (including professional experience AND maintenance education from an accredited institution)
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Roanoke, VA facility will be considered
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Must be able to climb ladders (up to 46 ft.) and stairs and lift loads of 50 pound
- Must be able to stand and/or bend frequently
- Required working knowledge of basic computer skills
- Proficiency with hand tools and maintenance shop equipment
- Demonstrable electrical and mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Highly ethical and able to work in a cross functional team
- HVAC training and/or certification
- Distribution center experience
- Certification in electrical work or related field from an accredited associated college or vocational school
- Associate’s degree or certification in Industrial Maintenance from an accredited associated college or vocational school
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No