Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Finance Analyst - Reconciliations
Eaton’s Global Financial Service Center is seeking a Finance Analyst - Reconciliations. The Finance Analyst – Reconciliations will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Financial Analyst - Reconciliation is responsible for coordinating and
reconciling bank statement and sub-ledger activity to general ledger accounting
activity for Eaton Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll bank
accounts, ensuring and maintaining data integrity consistent with U.S. GAAP.
This position will also provide reconciliation guidance and training for the
reconciliations performed in Pune service center.
- Compare cash receipt and disbursement activity on Oracle general ledger and bank statements. Identify any activity not appearing on both mediums as a reconciling item.
- Discuss and seek to resolve, with bank and/or Eaton personnel, discrepancies between the bank and general ledger, which require corrective action.
- Provide the bank reconciliations and supporting documentation to the Financial Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Accounts Payable Departments as well as to Canadian Divisions for the purpose of clearing reconciling items as necessary
- Trace reconciling items from the general ledger back to originating entries and evaluate the validity of correcting entries with the transaction originator.
- Provide assistance in the resolution of issues related to cash transactions, requiring the ability to effectively research transactions and recognize procedural and other errors.
- Collect and coordinate, on a monthly basis, bank statements and related supporting documentation from banks, Divisions and internal accounting departments. Includes the need to use on-line banking systems to obtain and investigate bank account information.
- Provide assistance in the escheatment process by the coordination, identification and proper resolution of old outstanding checks.
- Coordinate and assist with interim and year-end external audit testing of general ledger cash balances.
- Maintain setups, reports, and a working knowledge of the reconciliation software used to perform monthly reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 1 year Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Oracle knowledge
- SQL experience
- Prior reconciliation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other accounting requirements
- Demonstrated effective use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong, proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time