Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Development Manager - Rail
Eaton's e-mobility Division has an opening for a:
Business Development Manager-Rail
Location: Cambridge or home office
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Business Development Manager – Rail to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. The eMobility Business Development Manager is responsible for developing the sales of Eaton’s power conversion products to the rail industry worldwide.
You will support existing customers, but will also actively target and acquire new customers to sustain long term growth for Eaton in this market.
As the Business Development Manager you will:
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive customer strategy
- Be a key focal point for all strategic customer issues
- Articulate clear understanding of current/future targets for relevant product market shares
- Monitor market dynamics (global and regional) including customer and competitor developments
- Utilise the Eaton Business System´s Value Cycle process and tools to develop (in consensus with product managers) and deploy comprehensive value based pricing strategies which are market driven
- Take ownership of total customer satisfaction
- Manage Eaton Electrical Products’ rail distributors
- Provide customer interface strategy
- Develop the appropriate customer sales forecast for the annual business plans
Business Development Manager- Rail - Qualifications:
- Ideally a Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business
- Proven Sales experience within relevant sector such as power electronics or OEM /Rail market
- Practical understanding of value based selling and pricing
- Strong sales and business development track record and experience of international complex negotiations
- Knowledge of Power Electronics components & technology would be a plus
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time