Technician - NDT (1st Shift)
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Aerospace Repair Station Test/NDT Technician. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility. The Aerospace Repair Station Test NDT Technician is responsible for pressure testing and non-destructive visual evaluation of repaired products using pressure test equipment and fluorescent penetrant inspection equipment in accordance with applicable Eaton, customer or industry specification(s).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will perform fluorescent penetrant inspection (FPI) under black light per applicable specifications, interpreting and evaluating indications per specifications.
• You will generate non-conformance reports (CARE forms) when parts don’t meet specification.
• You will have the ability to work with ERP system (MFGPro) to process parts through the system.
• You will pressure test aircraft ducting systems using High Pressure and Burst Tests
• You will conduct underwater visual examination to ensure quality of weld and leakage
• You will read routers for drawing requirements and determining marking specs and location
• You will perform visual inspection to detect damages that may occur prior to delivery
• You will weigh, measure, and check that parts meet drawing requirements
*Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent military experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of facility will be considered
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Technical degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in NDT (ATP, FPI)
- Experience in Aerospace non-destructive testing
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No