Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Human Resources / EHS Generalist
Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group is looking for an HR/EH&S Supervisor. The HR/EH&S Supervisor will be located at our distribution centre in Perth, ON.
Under the direction of the Distribution Centre Manager, this position acts as a business partner and is responsible for providing both Human Resources (HR) and Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) leadership and support to the Perth site to build positive employee relationships, enhance organizational effectiveness and deploy strategies that ensure a culture of EH&S compliance and continuous improvement.
- Work with site leadership and functional human resources to align human resources programs and initiatives with key business objectives. Drive plans that support operations, business financials and employee engagement objectives
- Collaborate with site and functional leadership to drive key human resources functions including; workforce planning, employee relations, compensation planning, organizational effectiveness, performance management, and training
- Promote and support positive employee relations and an environment of open communication and trust
- Proactively prepare and present regular workforce reports to leadership, incorporating key human resource metrics to support strategic initiatives
- Serve as a liaison and knowledge expert regarding HR policy, legal matters and employment standards legislation
Environmental Health and Safety
- Promote and collaborate with team members to identify new objectives, areas of improvement, activities and guidelines required to effectively drive reduction in EH&S risks and hazards
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with EH&S policies and procedures as outlined in the Management System for the Environment, Safety, Security and Health (MESH), or that are required to comply with relevant legislation
- Disseminate and lead the implementation of MESH and legal/regulatory requirements
- Oversee the security program related to MESH Global Minimum Standards
- Drive the continuous improvement of all EH&S related activities by facilitating effective preventative/corrective actions
- Act as the EH&S Representative for all third party certifications
- Provide ongoing training, at all levels, of EH&S systems, policies, procedures and relevant legislation
- Manage the internal audit program for all EH&S systems, and collect, analyze and publish applicable data
- Maintain EH&S policies, practices and metrics
- Ensure the integrity of all EH&S documentation
- Become actively involved in the planning and installation of new equipment, hazard analysis and solutions to alleviate hazards or potential hazards
- Monitor and administer Early and Safe Return to Work Programs for all occupational and non-occupational illnesses/injuries
- Diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of combined HR Generalist and EH&S experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without Company sponsorship
- Three to five (3-5) years of both HR Generalist and EH&S experience in a manufacturing or warehousing environment
- CHRL certification
- CRSP certification
- Supervisory experience of 2-3 years
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and Six Sigma Tools preferred
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills with proven ability to lead change through both direct and indirect influencing abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Knowledge of HR metrics and data management
- Knowledge of and experience in labour and employment laws affecting human resources management
- Strong coaching, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Strong experience in recruiting and selection activities for all levels of employment
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications, including sound working knowledge of Excel
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only