Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Directs, facilitates and coordinates the activities and resources of production in accordance with practices and policies set out in the work area, in order to ensure the timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed the expectations of customers. This position establishes and maintains a positive environment relationship with employees, through the monitoring of values, ethics, and the philosophies of Eaton. Communicates expectations clearly and responsible for himself and employees for their performance.
A. Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of EHS rules (Eaton Zero Incident Culture).
B. Manages personnel maximizing the productivity / efficiency and the quality of the products according to the standard work and manufacturing instructions; adhering at all times to the internal rules of work.
C. Owns the execution and/or coordination of identified continuous improvement activities within the manufacturing process using the appropriate Eaton Business Systems (EBS) tools – such as: Eaton Lean and Six Sigma (ELSS), Continues Improvement Framework (CIF), Launching of new products (PRO-Launch), Eaton Quality System (EQS) and others.
D. Develops and maintains performance metrics, aligned to High Five plant metrics, as required to monitor results and utilizes these results to identify and drive process improvements in his/her department. Owns communication of performance to goals.
E. Leads the solution of day-to-day problems in the production area via multifunctional teams.
F. Daily maintenance and reinforcement of the 5’s program on his working area.
G. Responsible for meeting operational expense budgets in areas of responsibility, with an emphasis on Over-Time and MRO. Will drive actions required to eliminate extraordinary expenses.
H. Seeks for ways to increase the efficiency and productivity of the production lines, improving the flow of material and the product at the same time that identifies and implements opportunities for cost reduction.
I. Promotes a quality culture, demonstrating emphasis in customer's needs and regularly communicating customers concerns to employees, with the purpose of facilitating problem resolution, promotion of quality improvements and ensuring compliance to industry regulations.
J. Takes a proactive approach, and promotes the participation of its direct and indirect employees, in implementing ideas and initiatives for the continuous improvement of Safety, Quality, On-time Delivery, Inventory and Productivity objectives (High 5) derived from Eaton programs such as: Ideas Program, GEMBA, Near Miss, Cost Out, VAVE, and others.
K. Empowers employees to make decisions. Promotes innovation and provides constant feedback on his/her employee’s performance.
L. Effectively addresses performance issues and employee behavioral situations providing timely feedback when the results are not as expected using the formal evaluation processes such as: Apex for Manufacturing, 1:1 Powerful Feedback, and others.
M. Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies in his area of responsibility.
N. Aligns the workforce to the Eaton philosophy and company vision through practices that increase the trust, respect and team work among the employees of all the levels.
O. Owns employee satisfaction and encourages the participation in the biannual employee survey. Responsible for improving the biannual results.
P. Champions recognition of team and individuals for extraordinary contributions to the business (E-Star).
Q. Demonstrates respect to all the similarities and differences, promotes an inclusive culture and utilizes the full potential of all employees. Promotes wellness among his/her employees.
• 3 year experience in manufacturing and materials area.
• Engineering’s Degree or Industrial Engineering or similar.
• Personnel Management skills.
• Conversational English (85%).
• The ability to offer and promote a continuous and effective communication at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge desirable quality (IATF 16949) systems.
• Knowledge of standards of safety and environmental (ISO 14001) or ESP (Eaton security process).
• Extra: Knowledge of the enterprise system of Eaton Business System (EBS), System Lean Eaton (Eaton Lean System ELS), 5S and appropriate quality systems.
Eaton Leadership Model
• Thinks and Acts strategically.
• Gets results.
• Builds Organizational Capability.
• Leadership attributes (passionate, accountable, ethical, learn, transparent, efficient)
• To be the preferred supplier to customers and channel partners
• To make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees
• To make our communities stronger
• To ensure the safety, health and wellness of our employees
• To be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry
• To be active stewards of the environment
• Promotes “Zero Culture” in the work area.
• Participate in all 100% of the legal and corporate EHS trainings.
• Reporting unsafe conditions and behaviors, such as “Near misses”, “Gembas”, and “Couching programs”.
Continuous Improvement (CI) Commitment
• Establishes and prioritizes CI objectives, define metrics and stretch goals, define and prioritize actions, and manage resources.
• Selects and assesses direct reports competencies and establishes development plans to achieve and maintain required levels.
• Leads plan execution and coaching.
• Reviews and tracks improvement plans and manages change.
• Assesses processes under his/her responsibility using EBS tools, identifies improvement opportunities and acts.
• Promotes recognition culture.
• Promotes sharing of best and transferable practices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time