Engineer - Embedded Software Development
CACP-Transportation and Aerospace, Military Subsea (TAM) has requirement for Engineer. The Engineer will be involved in design & development of Vehicle/Automotive keypads, switches, DC-DC converter embedded software projects encompassing functionality using Automotive protocols stacks like J1939, CANopen, UDS, KWP2000, LIN to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirement. This includes
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years as Embedded FW developer utilizing object-oriented design techniques on embedded systems.
• Extensive experience in embedded C, C++ programming, Device Drivers, RTOS, data structures on embedded system, experience on UML.
• Extensive experience on CAN, LIN, J1939 , CANOpen, UDS and KWP2000 for vehicle applications
• Experience developing for an ARM Cortex based microcontroller.
• Embedded software debugging skills, Emulators and debuggers
• Experience with application of real time operating systems (FreeRTOS).
• Experience in an Agile design methodology- Playing Scrum-Master role
• Knowledge of keypad & Switch FW development for vehicle applications
• Knowledge of Hardware Schematics
• Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering
• Strong problem solving and embedded software debugging skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
• Tests work, meeting quality and reliability goals.
• Knowledge on MISRA C
• Knowledge on Motor Control Algorithm
• Knowledge of MATLAB S Functions will be an added advantage
• Experience working on Visual C# , Visual C++, Labview
• Physical (Memory, processor utilization) resource budgeting experience
• DFSS GB Certification
• Should have experience in design & development of FW for DC-DC converter, inverter
• Expertise in development & porting of communication protocol stacks such as CAN, LIN and UDS
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time