Division Sales Engineer- LVA
- Establishes and maintains the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers by effectively employing skills with the art of salesmanship, application engineering, product knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization and competitive products and activities.
- Interprets incoming orders for proper content, price, compliance with terms and conditions, etc. prior to acceptance at division
- Reviews customer needs and specifications in order to determine a minimum bill of material, most competitive price level and shipment cycle within the industry or market segment assigned.
- Coordinates with Customer Service to insure resources are available to support customer commitments.
- Interprets incoming division quotations for proper content, price, etc. to meet the minimum customer requirements prior to final order clearing. Complete reporting database information and report negotiation status in a timely manner.
- Establishes focus on quotation efforts to help ensure proper and timely quotation responses.
- Advises as technical and commercial liaison between field sales, end user/customers, distributors (if applicable) and other product line functions such as engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, scheduling and management.
- Recommends changes/modifications in products, policies or procedures to improve productivity.
- Maintains an active role in the formation and execution of sales plans through developing and evaluating competitive situations, report new product requirements, tracking negotiations and analyzing success/failure, developing accurate and timely monthly forecasts and reporting industry and market trends.
- Develops and presents or assists in presentation of programs to promote the acceptance of products and/or services at customer locations, sales offices, trade shows, training seminars and Corporate meetings.
- Completes all requested reports in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinates special projects at the direction of the Sales Manager or other applicable product line management.
- Provide guidance and direction as needed to other sales engineers as required, including taking a lead role in working with trainees and their development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year commercial experience or LVA product experience
- Experience with Bid Manager
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of prior sales experience
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) skills
- Understanding of product and technical aspects of electrical distribution and control equipment.
- Good understanding of the functions of sales and negotiations and inter-departmental communications.
- The individual must possess an understanding of selling techniques and Eaton capabilities, market channels and technical applications of Eaton products. Needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channel, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental needs to maximize Eaton’s ability to obtain new business.
- In addition to these departmental duties, the individual will exhibit a willingness and ability to provide a leadership role within the department. These duties include, but are not limited to, answering application questions, providing unsolicited support in the event of sudden work influx, provide insight to supervisor on commercial issues, and provide managerial guidance when the Sales Manager is unavailable.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time