Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. EHS Technician (1st Shift)
Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Technician to work 1st Shift. This position will be based in Roxboro, NC.
The Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Technician will ensure plant level EHS programs, policies, procedures and systems are developed, implemented and sustained to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements and conformance with Eaton Corporation and Eaton Vehicle Group EHS requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will assist in MESH implementation at the site and manage ISO 14001 documentation.
· You will assist in budget preparation and control activities and preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations.
· You will manage the MESH Management of Change process, this will include mentoring employees who perform a variety of engineering work in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining equipment.
· You will manage the hazardous waste compliance program under RCRA.
· You will ensure industrial hygiene monitoring for identified hazardous risk such as: air, noise, dust, etc.
· You will maintain and monitors current information and plant compliance on government EHS regulations and corporate policy.
· You will ensure that appropriate air pollution permits, sewer ordinance requirements and NPDES permits are current and are compiled with.
· You will prepare required reports, plans, and other government EHS filings and ensures timely and accurate submission.
· You will evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work design changes.
· You will actively investigate all accidents and near misses, identifies root causes, and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
· You will coordinate all OSHA compliance programs, including, but not limited to; PPE Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Blood Borne Pathogen, Foot Protection and Eye Protection, Confined Space, Contractor safety, and Hazard communication.
· You will serve as a leader of the plant’s safety council.
· You will maintain an up-to-date emergency response procedure
Required (Basic) Qualifications
· Associate’s Degree in a Sciences field from an accredited institution is required
· No relocation is provided, only candidates within 50 miles of Roxboro, NC will be considered for this opening.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene
· Previous EHS work experience in a manufacturing setting
· Working knowledge of ISO 14001
· Previous success in leading, planning, development, and implementation of EHS management systems and compliance programs.
Position Success Criteria:
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels in an organization, while establishing and maintaining a strong EHS presence
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No