Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Aerospace Materials Manager
Deploy the Aerospace Materials Management systems and processes to obtain world-class performance defined by the Operational Transformation Initiatives strategy assuring alignment to tactical procurement, inventory management, demand planning, master production scheduling and distribution of materials for specific sites within the Aerospace Group EMEA. The Transformation Initiatives Materials Management leader will provide strategy and direction for all materials and support functions to optimize material flow to meet and exceed customer requirements in the areas of productivity, quality, cost, delivery, and safety.
The Materials Manager must also provide leadership for the execution of the Aerospace Group Materials Strategy and ensure proper implementation of standard material processes. Responsibilities include development, coordination and deployment of the activities of integrated materials management including demand forecasting, capacity planning, customer scheduling, material / product delivery, supplier replenishment and integrated logistics processes. This includes responsibility for all material management processes including; SMART Rules, SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations Planning) process input, Customer Scheduling, Material and Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Shop Floor management, Logistics, and Packaging.
· Lead the deployment of the Materials Management Transformation Initiatives defined by Aerospace Group.
· Material Planning & Management: Applies expert knowledge and understanding of trade-offs between costs, measurement tools, manufacturing needs (MPS & Capacity Planning), material replenishment and JIT planning.
· Develop and implement a Materials Management organizational structure capable of supporting the transformation initiatives strategy.
· Direct and coordinate materials organization implementing standard metrics, materials management process improvements and ERP health to drive world class performance in OTD, DOH and Supplier Performance in alignment with ERP SMART Rules.
· Analyze ERP Health Monitor and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level for both on-going procurement, planning and inventory management.
· Deployment of Aerospace SMART Operating Model across the selected Aerospace Group plants.
· Provide effective change management leadership and support so that the change vision is delivered using innovative solutions.
· Lead clear case for change, desired outcomes, accurate scope, clear roles and decision-making
· The Transformation team member directs and mentors the quality department’s leadership in the performance of their respective roles and consistent with the Eaton Leadership model.
· Accountable for the day-to-day decisions that directly impact the quality, efficiency, and profitability of the overall plant.
Specialist Experience Required for this position:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or related field (MBA or APICS/CPIM Preferred ).
· 3-5 years of experience as planning manager or supply chain manager of a plant operation
· 7 to 10 years of hands on Material Management experience in a high mix low volume business
· Strong knowledge of advanced manufacturing/planning tools such as Sales & Operations Planning (SiOP), MRP, Materials Scheduling, Kanban, and Min/Max
· Experience with lean principles, global sourcing, ERP and strategic planning.
· Understanding of manufacturing strategies (product positioning strategies) and processes such as assembly and machining
· Experience supporting cross-functional teams on strategic initiatives.
· Proven ability to improve cash flow and working capital management.
· Ability to motivate a team members to drive for results
· Very good leadership skills (Internal- Eaton’s Leadership Attributes)
· Knowledge and experience in setting up and maintaining replenishment systems, managing operations/planning functions, or other operations focused team Certifications in APICS (e.g. CPIM) a plus
· Experience across Industrial Sector businesses is highly desirable.
· Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
· Practical and advanced understanding of SIOP-driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis, operations execution and inventory management.
· Expertise with integrated logistics network design
· Expertise in driving business process improvement initiatives
· Demonstrated ability to lead a global cross-functional team in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly diverse and matrixed environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
· Must be a creative thinker and have a vision of how to drive the organization to the next level.
· Must have a demonstrated ability in the area of strategic process creation and implementation
· Must demonstrate a bias for action and implementation
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks globally
· Must be able to identify and implement emerging supply management tools.
· Must have strong motivation and mentoring skills
· Must be viewed by the operational customer as a champion for the operations
· Customer satisfaction (OTD 95%+)
· Supplier Performance (OTD 95%+)
· Cost of Non Conformance (CONC) as percent of sales <2%
· E&O as percent of sales
· Work Order On-Time to Release (WO-OTR), Schedule Attainment (WO-OTD) and Master Production Schedule Stability measures
· Customer on-time to promise date delivery performance (OTD)
· Customer Demand Forecast Accuracy – forecast creation and ¬curacy of $850M+ global sales
· Inventory Management (DOH, Inventory In-Range, etc.)
· Standardization of all Materials Processes
· Global model plant process deployment & ERP Health scores (% and level)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time