Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. This position is based at our Shenandoah, IA facility.
This role is considered instrumental to several of the finance activities which drive the financial performance of the plant including cost accounting. The person in this role will assist in the development of forward-looking insights to drive management decision and actions as well as improve operational and financial results. The Accountant provides technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. Duties involve a variety of accounting and finance functions focused around operational analysis, inventory, standard costing, material price variance analysis, capital expenditures, fixed asset reporting, and month-end close.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· Assists with development of sales and cost of sales projections for profit plans and monthly forecasts
· Establishes and maintains accurate product costs and overhead reporting including annual preparation of the burden rate and tack-on rate reviews as well as providing material price variance analysis on a monthly basis.
· Serves as the key point of contact for Engineering and Operations for capital projects and manages the capital projects and fixed assets tracking mechanisms for the plant
· Participates in the annual physical inventory process designed to ensure the accuracy of inventory counts and costs
· Prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
· Serve as back-up for weekly payroll functions
· Submits Markview check requests as required
· Provides assistance to all areas of plant with regard to functional expertise and cross-functional support and training, providing guidance and education as needed to plant personnel on financial objectives and means of achievement
· Contributes to an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals
· Assists in ad-hoc requests from other departments and division headquarters
· Assists in internal and external audits as required
· Monitor submission and payment of automated invoices to vendors
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
· Minimum of 1 year of Accounting and/or Finance experience
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· Minimum of 3 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Experience working in ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
· CPA/CMA Certification
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time