- Manage materials & logistics function: responsible for plant requirements related to world-class materials processes, systems, and execution. Including, but not limited to: logistics, internal plant materials flow, ERP materials systems, pull-systems, shipping, receiving, materials planning, and consignment management. Excludes activities related to Supply Chain Management and Purchasing.
- Manage, lead, develop & guide associates in developing materials skills. Maximize team performance through training, development and hiring/promotion of talents.
- Manage strategic planning process related to materials activities. Initiate & implement process improvement activities to meet business objectives (scheduling levels, lean value chains, logistics).
- Manage ERP materials systems (e.g. Oracle) and pull-systems.
- Champion demand planning & production scheduling processes integrated with Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning processes (SIOP).
- Define strategy and an execution plan to Export/Import activities related to Raw material and components aligned to the business needs.
- Lead production scheduling based on customer demand. Manage scheduling and releases to internal operations & suppliers to ensure superior supplier delivery performance while minimizing freight costs & inventory investment.
- Maintain clear and effective communication with our customers in order to establish a partnership, avoiding logistics issues in order to guarantee Customer satisfaction (OTD).
- Manage Inventory through visual pull-system (Kanban/MinMax), inventory accuracy programs (such as cycle counting), and vendor management programs (Oracle).
- Conduct assessments & audits, deploys ERP Health Check / MMA / OpA action plans, identify and implement best practices to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness through the use of IMPACT strategy, lean tools and EBS concepts in area of materials activities & support campus activities.
- Coordinate plant projects for new products, freight, distribution services, packaging, transportation, and systems enhancements. Drive materials & logistics cost-out activities as representative for the plant.
- Perform benchmarking and industry research to import world-class materials processes, tools and systems.
- Develop, improve and manage the indirect material inventory.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business Administration;
- Demonstrated experience & understanding of materials processes, Logistics and Inventory Control;
- Experience in the Materials function in a manufacturing environment (Automotive preferred);
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools, pull systems (KanBan & Min-Max);
- Solid working knowledge of MRP systems ;
- Understanding of Transportation Management and Distribution;
- Strong leadership and relationship skills;
- Bi-lingual (Portuguese /English).
- APICS CPIM dertification desired.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time