Eaton has an opening for a Plant Manager in Long Branch, NJ. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations - Life Safety Division, this person will participate at a senior level in the management of operations. This person will lead the plant's manufacturing and functional operations to achieve customer satisfaction and meet critical business objectives by building a lean, metrics-driven manufacturing culture. The role includes functional responsibility for production, strategic sourcing, materials purchasing and planning, shipping/receiving, manufacturing engineering, facilities management, quality and EH&S. The Plant Manager will work with internal and external customers, to ensure that effective collaboration occurs in order to successfully meet assigned plant goals. The role requires the ability to formulate and drive the operational strategy within the business while developing and exceeding the operational and financial metrics of the business.
- Drives and develops Environment, Health and Safety processes and procedures within the organization implementing a behavioral approach to safety and a zero tolerance culture
- Implement a customer focused operational culture delivering world class customer service levels
- Coordinate activities of the team to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development
- Provides oversight and support of the supply chain function so that materials, equipment and supplies necessary to produce the product and run the operations are procured at the lowest possible cost consistent with the necessary quality and service levels
- Identifies and implements methods and practices to achieve operational improvements in efficiency, quality, delivery, and operating profits
- Utilizes the SIOP planning process to maintain and continuously improve the best practices of inventory management, production and supply capacity planning and purchasing
- Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process coordinating with New Product Development Team to implement new and revised designs through developing effective processes to optimize cost and quality
- Provides leadership, coordination and coaching to the operational team enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics of the organization
- Develops and implements effective systems and processes to measure and improve performance and drive cost reductions
- Electronics industry background is preferred with proven ability to develop and execute strategic operational plans
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational design
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Business acumen with financial skills, especially cost center management and business case analysis and development
- Senior executive communication and presentation skills, comfortable with public speaking and presenting
- Experience and detailed understanding is required of supply chain and manufacturing systems particularly SIOP, continuous improvement and quality
- Experience of both the use and development of SAP or an equivalent system is essential
- Relevant operational management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with cultural sensitivity
- Drive for results and ability to execute
- Relationship building skills
An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. An MBA or advanced degree in a related field is highly desired.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.
The position will be located at Eaton’s Long Branch, New Jersey facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time