Materials Planning Manager North America Operations
Primary responsibilities include building a SCM strategy for materials management within the NA eMobility plants which include plants in Mexico as Tijuana, Reynosa, functionally Juarez and also the Tualatin, Oregon site.
Responsible of setting a comprehensive strategy to manage key areas such as purchasing, production scheduling, materials planning and inventory control.
- Manages teams that develop and control production schedules and inventory levels based on sales forecasts and
- Directs plants SCMs to insure objectives, schedules, and budgets are achieved.
- Studies past business cycles and trends, contributes to the development of specific unit forecasts.
- Utilizes marketing projections to anticipate business conditions.
- Coordinates, implements, and continually improves all aspects of plants scheduling.
- Monitors a balanced work load among supply and demand planners.
- Monitors Supplier on-time delivery performance.
- Monitors and manages inventory levels in accordance with plant, group and corporate goals.
- Collaboratively participates in the planning and coordinating of yearly physical inventory in accordance with group and corporate accounting procedures.
- Monitors and improves the plant’s cycle count program to insure inventory on-hand accuracy and P&L impact.
- Coordinating with the Divisional Strategic Sourcing team aspects involving supplier selection, quality, delivery, price negotiations, blanket order placement etc.
- Oversee Plant purchasing process: purchase reqs, etc.
- Monitor tooling/supplies costs.
- Actively participates in support of cross functional goal attainment, supports a continuous improvement culture and provides support for all plant High 5 metrics.
- Ensures compliance with Eaton’s Strategic ERP rules including dashboard monitoring and corrective action when the plant is below goal.
- Drive functional Excellence
Measurable statistics which this position include production and maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, variances to budget, cost of purchases and inventory levels. Main metrics monitored :
- On Time Delivery
- Past Due levels
- Cost Savings
- Inventory Levels
- Inventory Accuracy
- Bachelor's degree for an accredited institution
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a multi site position
- 5 years of experience in vehicle-electronic manufacturing facilities
- 5 to 7 years leading Supply Chain teams.
- Strong SAP knowledge
- APICS Certified
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar
- Strong experience driving cost out and vendor consolidation projects
- Experience on Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Kaizen Leadership
- Experience leading annual physical inventory strategies
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time