Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Division Quality Manager
Eaton's Life Safety Division has an opening for a:
Division Quality Director
Location: / Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK and other Eaton Locations/
Leader of the quality function in the Life Safety Division
· Responsible for developing functional strategies that align with the Divisional business needs and leverage the Regional/Corporate/Sector strategic plans.
· Responsible for leveraging the proven tools and processes of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) and program management within the operational sites of Life Safety Division, Electrical Sector – EMEA to achieve continuous improvement in functional capability as measured through standard assessment practices.
· Accountable for functional performance results at the Divisional level of measurement to improve global competiveness and customer satisfaction.
· Champion the Eaton Quality System (EQS) within the Life Safety Division, Electrical Sector – EMEA. Oversee annual EQS assessments with qualifying sites.
· Overall ownership of the Quality Alert process for Life Safety Division, Electrical Sector – EMEA. Should ensure timely escalation/ communication of customer spill incidents, and coordinate with site quality colleagues to ensure appropriate containment, root cause investigation and preventive actions are undertaken with the upmost urgency.
· Takes an active role in PROLaunch decision gates to ensure flawless product and/or process launches. Ensures Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or First Article Inspection (FAI) requirements and processes are performed, as appropriate, in support of PROLaunch New Product Development or Standard Transition projects. In addition, PROLaunch Functional program champion - Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) is to be performed by locations providing critical components, assemblies or processes.
· Establishes accurate and relevant process, product and system validation during Footprint optimization projects.
· Gather appropriate benchmarking and comparative data, including competitor data, to drive continuous performance improvement. Data should include: monthly ppm defects (internal & external), customer spill incidents, speed of response and cost-of-non-conformance (CONC), Supplier performance (PPM, SCAR).
· Provide training support for sites in the use of quality tools, including: 8D, PFMEA, Control plans, Root Cause, Six Sigma, MSA/ Gauge capability, PPAP, APQP, CAR/ DMR, QRQC, LPA. Sustain proper level of execution of Quality initiatives as QRQC and LPA.
· Ensures continuous Supplier Development through proper Supplier Qualification (QSA) and Part Approval Process (PPAP).
· Coordinates and establishes continuous improvement activities in order to reduce Cost of Non-Conformance.
· Knowledge and experience in Quality Engineering/ Program Management; in addition to ISO / TS Certification experience and knowledge about Advanced Product Quality Planning, Production Part Approval Process
· Min. 5 years’ experience in similar role
· Able to demonstrate a track record of achievement.
· Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
· Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering, technical or related field.
· Prior experience with the Eaton Business System: particularly the Eaton Quality System and PROLaunch is an advantage.
· Extensive experience of problem solving activities
· International experience essential: should be knowledgeable of International / Customer product specifications/ requirements.
· Ability in English essential; French, German or knowledge of Eastern European languages would be a significant advantage.
What Eaton offers:
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Candidate applying to this vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time