CNC Setup Machinist III - 2nd shift
- Properly set tools in machine locations required for set-up
- Perform part changeover including program retrieval and input
- Effectively use pre-setter arm or tool setter and perform tool offsets
- Establish work offsets (G54, G55, etc.) manually and utilizing probing technology
- Change out all tooling and properly build tools
- General understanding of CNC programs
- Recognize, clear or eliminate machine alarms
- Troubleshoot and eliminate variations that are out of process; i.e. run-out, flatness problems.
- Calibrate pre-setter arm by resetting parameters or tool setter or spindle probe
- Read machine programs and perform speeds and feeds edits under engineering guidelines.
- Ability understand, comprehend, and interpret the decimal system in order to measure down to the millionths
- Read, understand, and reset CNC machine program codes
- Able to perform all functions of the Operator and Setup Machinist I, II role of designated machine(s) at full trained expertise level
- Able to determine and run work offsets for 4 or more axis, single machine and dual pallet machining centers
- Display advanced management of part specific tooling packages more than 30 tools per process
- Able to manage parts with more than 50 part features
- Calculate and input axis coordinates X, Y and Z or use spindle probe to determine work offsets (6 or more offsets)
- Read, understand and interpret complex engineering drawings, GD&T and complex CMM reports to make multiple work offsets including angular fixture offsets using basic trigonometry
- Able to run Mills and Lathes
- Cross train other employees in machine operations
- Follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
- Other duties assigned
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education
- Must have three (3) years’ experience setting up CNC lathes and/or mills
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Must be able to perform basic shop math.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude. +
- Ability to understand, comprehend, and interpret the decimal system in order to measure down to .0001
- Understand and demonstrate ability to use gauging equipment.
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches including proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
- Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
- Experience with CNC or conversational programming
- Experience operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders etc.).
- Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
- Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc...) with ability to learn other programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico