CNC Setup Machinist III - 3rd shift
Eaton Aerospace Group located in N. Charleston, SC has an opening for a Setup Machinist III 3rd shift.
The setup machinist will lead the transition/changeover between production runs on various CNC machines such as mills and lathes then operate select machines through the remainder of the production run while ensuring quality parts from the work cell.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will properly set tools in machine locations required for set-up
- You will support and perform part changeover including program retrieval and input
- You will effectively use pre-setter arm or tool setter and perform tool offsets
- You will establish work offsets (G54, G55, etc.) manually supporting and utilizing probing technology
- You will change out all tooling and properly build tools
- You will troubleshoot and eliminate variations that are out of process; i.e. run-out, flatness problems.
- You will calibrate pre-setter arm by resetting parameters or tool setter or spindle probe
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education
- Must have three (3) years’ experience setting up CNC lathes and/or mills
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Must be able to perform basic shop math.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude. +
- Ability to understand, comprehend, and interpret the decimal system in order to measure down to .0001
- Understand and demonstrate ability to use gauging equipment.
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches including proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
- Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
- Experience with CNC or conversational programming
- Experience operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders etc.).
- Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
- Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc...) with ability to learn other programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico