Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Assembler (Wireman)- 1st Shift
Eaton is looking for a Wireman for our Milton plant.
· Reporting to a Production Manager, this position is responsible for mounting and intermediate wiring of components and sub-assemblies.
Essential Functions/Position Requirements:
• Review and interpret drawings.
• Check parts picked/delivered to parts required. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal materials replenishment system.
• Wire point to point and use harnesses as required on less complicated boards.
• Communicate schematic issues/concerns/errors with Coordinator or Manager.
• Repair and modify any errors detected by test/inspection.
• Work to CSA and UL code.
• Work to required operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
• Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
• Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
• Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
• Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
• Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
• Follow standard layouts as required.
• Ensure proper labeling of wire on both ends
• Follow direction from build leader on wire routings to ensure consistency.
• Ensure all tools have been calibrated and are not out of date.
• Perform pull test on wire when completed.
• Ensure all pans are tagged with quality sticker.
• Perform other duties as required.
· Employee Relations
• Communicate with administrative, plant and supervisory staff as required.
• Perform overtime as necessary in accordance with both LVDA policy and legislative requirements.
• Comply with Eaton’s Ethical and Harassment Policies.
• Provide and/or participate in training as required.
• Comply with company rules, regulations and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
• Act as team player and participate in department and/or plant committees.
· Occupational Health and Safety
• Work in compliance with the Act and regulations
• Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer
• Report to the employer or supervisor any known missing or defective equipment or protective device that may be dangerous
• Report any known workplace hazard to the employer or supervisor
· Operational Excellence
• Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools immediately to your manager.
• Record and/or report product damage/nonconformities to your manager as required.
• Comply with EQS (Eaton Quality System) policies and procedures.
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System).
• Comply with ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
• Strive for EBE (Eaton Business Excellence).
• Support the strategic initiatives (strategic wheel/values/philosophies).
• Implement Lean manufacturing at a departmental level through the use of lean tools and philosophies
• High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of 1 year wiring experience required.
• Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
• Must live within 80 Kilometers from Milton in order to be considered
• Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
• Ability to read and interpret bill of materials, and engineering drawings.
• Demonstrated experience of strong attention to detail with a high focus on quality.
• Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No