Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Auburn, IN facility.
The primary function of the Quality Manager is to lead the execution and deployment of the Eaton Quality Management Systems (EQMS) to meet customer requirements. Manages and improves the overall plant quality systems and performance utilizing key performance measures, EQMS elements and Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) Tools.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will manage the quality function and direct reports to meet plant quality objectives and drive the quality culture with the leadership team.
· You will own the quality metric, Cost of Non Conformance (CONC). Engage employees on 8D and A3 processes for problem solving and defect elimination.
· You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, quality policy and encourages continuous improvement.
· You will coordinate and manage continuous improvement activities related to quality, including kaizen events, BPI’s, Six Sigma projects, VRKs and other problem solving activities.
· You will provide plant level training and guidance for quality problem solving tools.
· You will coordinate quality activities and suppliers, as required, to support incoming product quality levels.
· You will interface directly with customers as a primary Eaton contact on quality related matters.
· You will lead evaluation of non-conformances and drive corrective action through 8D methodology.
· You will visibly and actively support other functional plant initiatives including safety, wellness, engagement, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality role
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing people
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree preferred
- Engineering or technical degree
- Certified ISO auditor
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt
- Multi-tiered organization
- Lean Manufacturing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time