Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Order Engineer
You will maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities, practices, market conditions, and channels.
You will review and analyze product configurations and components, design circuits, perform engineering calculations, and provide input to other departments including drafting, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel.
You will serve as primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and solutions to complex customer problems
You will participate in company activities such as product design, market and product improvements, productivity, quality and safety improvements.
You will participate in customer project review/drawing approval meetings.
You will participate and drive in customer inspections and witness tests.
You will provide project management of orders to meet OTP goals, reduce cycle times, manage changes to order requirements and assist with product warranty.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution OR currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering program from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date no later than June 2018.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- Previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience with PLC or relay programming
- Project management experience
- Internship/Co-Op experience
- Strong analytical, presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to customers and manufacturing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time