Operational Excellence Specialist
Eaton is currently seeking a Specialist, Human Resources – Shared Services, Operational Excellence Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Develop, drive and execute structured continuous improvement (CI) activities across Americas HRS service centers to drive operational efficiencies and client satisfaction. Spearhead CI activities/projects and partner with HRS work stream leaders to ensure effective and optimal outcomes are achieved. Through customer feedback and data analytics, determine and develop CI pipeline and assist workstream leaders in analysis to determine areas of opportunity and priority. Teach CI tools and methodology to HRS team to create a CI culture within Americas HRS centers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will execute business process improvement/ Kaizen events for key processes across US/ CA HRS work streams to yield tangible CI outcomes.
- You will drive process efficiencies and standards across the HRS team to ensure consistent, repeatable processes are implemented for Americas client groups
- You will monitor and govern US/CA HRS process documentation and process flows to ensure business continuity and knowledge transfer processes are in place.
- You will drive employee engagement with respect to continuous improvement and lean concepts. Build and sustain CI culture through developing awareness, training and coaching US/CA HRS team on lean concepts and tools at all levels of the organization.
- You will partner with HRS work-stream/ OPEX, examine volume metric, case survey, SLA/TTR and quality results to identify and address critical customer expectations with work stream professionals. Provide insight and recommendations into systemic issues and manage solutions implementation
- You will develop and manage Continuous Improvement (CI) project pipeline for US/CA HRS center to drive to cost out KPI for HRS
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a continuous improvement focused role with both project management and data analytics
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- PMP certified
- 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2-3 years consultant experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt
- 2-3 years experience in a team lead, supervisor or management role
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Able to achieve objectives in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced Excel experience i.e. developing macros and complex formulas
- Demonstrated ability to successfully achieve results working with different cultures and a diverse client base
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Utilize a variety of technology platforms to conduct daily work (HRMS (ERP), Case management system, Taleo (ATS), CISCO/Avaya/ Finesse, Microsoft Suite etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint development and maintenance
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time