Eaton’s Aerospace Group is seeking a Credit Representative. The Credit Representative will be based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The primary function of the Credit Representative is to manage receivables to minimize financial risk and maximize accounts receivable collections.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage a portfolio of customers averaging 200 customer accounts and $10-$15million in accounts receivable with regards to receivable collections, order review and release. This will include, but not limited to customers with special terms and conditions.
- You will negotiate customer disputes to final resolution and document root cause as well as suggesting process improvements and proposes possible solutions.
- You will interact with internal customers such as sales/marketing, customer service, contracts, shipping and cash application to facilitate payment, resolve discrepancies, and reduce past dues.
- You will maintain accurate credit and collection files for audit purposes and assist in the development of collection strategies.
- You will forecast and communicate the impact of aged receivables to Credit department management team.
- You will participate in major departmental projects and lead minor departmental projects to assist in driving quality improvements, processes and initiatives.
- You will provide financial support to supply chain, sales and marketing personnel to control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize the risk of customer disputes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional work experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Grand Rapids, MI facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance/Accounting is preferred.
- Business to Business Credit/Collection Experience
- Experience utilizing an online Accounts Receivable and Order Management Systems
- MS Office experience
- Prior ERP experience
- Ability to apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills
- Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrated Effective Negotiation Skills
- Effectively securing prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgement
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time