Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
OEM Application Engineer
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer. No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside in one of the following states to be considered; Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri or Ohio.
The OEM Sales Application Engineer is a consultative, technical sales professional responsible for supporting sales engineers and their OEM customers. A Sales Application Engineer must possess both strong technical and commercial skills and be experienced in applying low voltage control components in accordance with codes and standards.
This position is responsible for working consultatively with OEM customers to assist in the design and specification of low voltage control components including variable frequency drives and HMI products. This position will also be responsible for providing technical product and application leadership for OEM customers, as well as technical mentoring for Eaton sales engineers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be working with our OEM sales team to meet sales objectives
- You will be leading OEM specification conversion efforts of low voltage components including variable frequency drives. Work closely with customers, either onsite or remotely, during prototype, testing and validation of our components to ensure a smooth technical transition to Eaton products.
- You will be supporting and building technical expertise amongst the sales team
- You will be providing input on our product offering and market position to the product lines and divisions
- You will be Assisting in the development of channel technical expertise to effectively sell Eaton components
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of electrical sales and/or electrical engineering experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside in one of the following states to be considered; Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri or Ohio.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Knowledge and experience applying the following codes and standards:
- NFPA 70 (NEC / Electrical design)
- IEC/CE control panel design
- NFPA 79 (Machine standards)
- NFPA 70E (Electrical safety)
- UL 508A (Control panel design)
- Experience specifying electrical hardware to industry electrical and safety standards. This includes power system design, electrical control panel design, low voltage components including adjustable frequency drives, and the specification of communication network hardware and protocols to be used by the controls system to communicate with automated machines and equipment.
- Able to perform technical review of system and machine electrical designs and work with customers consultatively applying Eaton solutions
- Able to travel and support sales team members to grow business
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time