SCM Co-op (Summer/Fall 2018)
- Supports SCM project teams with key activities through development phases (inception to full-scale production) (examples listed below)
- Obtains project status from various team members and updates SCM project tracking tools
- Plan and track capital expenditures & cost savings
- Generate and submit requests for quotes (RFQ) and cost estimates to supply base
- Issue purchase requisitions and track requisition status
- Maintain RFQ / Cost Estimate logs to ensure proper tracking and timely follow up
- Monitor Purchase Order (PO) status and communicate and follow up on past due PO's
- Leads (or supports) development and implementation of selected SCM processes, tools, data management & analysis, etc.
- Other duties as needed
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering at an accredited institution.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI will be considered for this position.
- GPA of 3.00 or better required
- Previous internships or co-ops in Materials or SCM preferred
- Leadership in school or community organizations preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time