Eaton’s Cooper Lighting currently has an opening for a Senior Buyer. This position is located in the historic town of Vicksburg, Mississippi.
The Vicksburg facility is located just off the mighty Mississippi river and is looking for an experienced individual to positively impact our supply chain operations. The Senior Supply Chain Analyst manages the buying and planning of materials in an effort to support the manufacturing of lighting fixtures. This position requires extensive relationship management with assigned vendors and manufacturers in addition to internal operations, customer service, engineering, and new product program management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will participate and lead efforts within your area to ensure on time delivery, on time customer shipments, cost and inventory reduction goals
· You will prepare and process purchase orders using SAP
· You will work closely with engineering in sourcing unique materials and short supply materials
· You will hold vendors accountable and monitor outsourced tooling conditions and take actions to ensure no supply chain impacts.
· You will analyze forecasts to manage proper bin levels and blanket PO levels
· You will plan, coordinate, and monitor part supply to meet marketing forecast.
· You will resolve vendor material shortages, backlogs, quality issues and any other potential schedule interruptions or delivery delays
· You will analyze and ensure plans are in place to address vendor capacity constraints against forecast and booked orders
· You will learn and use Lean and six sigma problem solving experience to help the facility implement pull systems, Kanban, consigned and vendor managed inventory
· You will establish and monitor metrics that reflect customer satisfaction, lead time management, and other purchasing and plant metrics as required
· You will maintain and promote strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, finance, quality, engineering, sales, marketing, strategic sourcing and other internal customers
· You will monitor and follow PPV and is diligent in finding economical and cost effective component supply chain solutions.
· You will monitor and ensure vendor implementation of supply chain stocking agreements on a timely basis.
· You will identify and manage annual cost reduction, inventory reduction and supplier consolidation projects that meet the individual and facility goals.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a supply chain role in a manufacturing environment
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Vicksburg, MS.
· Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or supply chain management from an accredited institution.
· Master’s degree in business, engineering or supply chain management from an accredited institution.
· 5 or more years of experience performing purchasing functions in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with Excel and SAP.
· APICS, CPIM, CSCP or CPSM certification.
· Sound decision making, problem solving skills, and ability to react quickly under pressure
· Excellent analytical skills
· Detail oriented
· Positive attitude toward change
· Data Driven decision making
· Ability to interpret and analyze data.
· Results driven and project management skills that ensure goals are met on time.
· Relentless continuous improvement mindset with sound technical understanding. Engineering background is an asset.
· Willingness to cross-train and perform other duties as may be assigned by the Materials Manager and be open to new challenges and positions as required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No