Power Electronics Engineer
- You will design, develop and test power electronics and electrical systems for uninterruptible power systems and distribution accessories in the 10-200kVA power range.
- You will evaluate alternative design solutions to meet customer and product development requirements factoring in cost, performance, and schedule.
- You will create and maintain functional specifications aligned with customer and product management requirements.
- You will accurately review data and simulate power electronics, analog, logical, and digital circuits, including transient analysis and state machine change analysis. Drives technical excellence and rigor through the use of simulations and Design for Six Sigma concepts.
- You will collaborate as electrical pilot in product development projects and be accountable for meeting cost, product performance, and schedule goals for areas of responsibility.
- You will interface with vendors on component technical issues, including data sheet clarification, component performance, and design solutions.
- You will assist product, program, and engineering managers in the development of cost targets, product specifications, and program schedules to align with business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 3 years of electrical product development experience
- Or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 1 years of electrical product development experience
- Minimum of 1 year of power electronics experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Strong knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts
Solid background in the field of power electronics and control algorithms
Proficiency in using simulation tools such as Matlab/Simulink, PSpice, etc
Experience with power electronic utility interface
Experience interacting with Global teams
Knowledge of high power product design considerations preferred (10kVA to 200 kVA).
Cross functional team development experience
Experience developing complex electrical systems with digital controls
Excellent communications skills.
Good understanding of control of power electronics and/or motor drives
Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with and productize new and unique ideas
Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
Ability to travel internationally to support global development programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time