Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Social Media Operations Manager
Eaton’s Corporate Marketing Communications team is seeking a Social Media Operations Manager. The Social Media Operations Manager can be based at one of the following Eaton locations: Beachwood, OH; Moon Township, PA; Raleigh, NC; Galesburg, MI; or Eden Prairie, MN.
Reporting to the Director, Global Corporate Marketing Communications and working with business communications, marketing communications and Corporate functions, the Social Media Operations Manager oversees Eaton’s global social operations, which guide the standardization and direction of the company’s social media efforts. This position is responsible for driving understanding amongst various stakeholders with regards to the role of social media at Eaton and ultimately executing this vision. The Social Operations Manager also tracks the social health of the organization.
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users
- Develop a plan, working with the business customer service teams, to tackle social customer service
- Refine the company’s enterprise social media strategy and promote our use of social media, both internally and externally
- Develop reporting/dashboards on emerging social media trends that will help inform content strategy and media buys
- Enhance and socialize corporate social media governance and policies
- Work with functional communications leaders to educate and help with plans for development and enhancement of leadership social media profiles; support business teams as they do the same
- Build a comprehensive training curriculum to enable a variety of functions to best leverage social media; work closely with business communicators on training and review of content
- Collect and disseminate social media best practices
- Oversee social media measurement, including the design and operation of relevant dashboards and reports
- Manage the selection and implementation of specific social media technologies
- Support the selection of social media agencies and manage (or support as appropriate) these critical relationships
- Develop a POV on social influencer opportunities and work with those businesses that are leveraging influencers for alignment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 7 years of marketing and communications experience
- Minimum 1 year of professional social media strategy and implementation experience
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US without corporate sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must reside within a 50 mile radius of the following Eaton locations: Beachwood, OH; Moon Township, PA; Raleigh, NC; Galesburg, MI; Eden Prairie, MN.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Business or Marketing from an accredited university
- Previous development and deployment of social media-related training/certification courses
- Knowledge of social media use around the world (not just North America) and regulatory trends and governance
- Has built and delivered social media reports/dashboards by integrating internal and external data sources, coupled with market insight
- Understands the social media technology landscape, including scheduling (Hootsuite experience a plus), listening/monitoring and analytics
- Content development, messaging and workflow management strongly desired
- Advanced knowledge of social media communications, including how to drive engagement, conversations and impact through social media for a B2B organization
- A service mentality, reflected in the supportive way this position approaches business and functional leaders as “internal clients”
- Understand the opportunity B2B companies have in the social landscape
- Leadership skills marked by encouraging collaboration and building relationships
- Experience, confidence, and credibility in providing trusted counsel to senior executives
- Compelling interpersonal skills; professional maturity to listen, learn, demonstrate cultural sensitivity, and to build coalitions and consensus corresponding to the vision and branding goals of the organization
- Strong operational capability at a cross-functional level including coordination with businesses, product and marketing teams and other groups.
- Must be a self-starter with energy and enthusiasm towards multitasking, dealing with ambiguity and working in a matrixed environment
- Project management skills: Ability to lead the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects according to established processes
- Ability to react quickly to changing demands, environments and tight deadlines
- Superior creativity, written communications skills and presentation skills are a must
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time