Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer for our Shawnee, OK facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer will lead the continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing in support of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) and the Eaton Business System (EBS). Drive the day-to-day plant improvement activities. Direct and lead the activities of quality technicians assigned to production support.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the organization and its customers and suppliers to proactively assure that their needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This includes the implementation and documentation of appropriate corrective / preventive actions.
- Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Use Six Sigma methodology and tools to solve complex problems. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the Eaton Lean System.
- Drive operational improvements through the Corrective/Preventive action process (CARE and QAR process).
- Maintain currency in the body of knowledge for an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
- Apply EBS through the Eaton Business Excellence Award (EBEA) Process to drive improvements within the organization. Drive implementation of all the policies of the Eaton Quality System (EQS).
- Coordinate the Internal Audit program and follow-up on associated corrective and preventive actions.
- Complete the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), or similar systems (i.e. Initial Sample Inspection Report, First Part Sample, etc.), to assure that requirements are met in new or modified products, new or modified purchased components and new or modified processes.
- Contribute in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conduct training in quality-related topics throughout the organization
- Develop, implement and audit control plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions.
- Participate in the design of gages, measurement instruments and test equipment. Perform Measurement System Analysis (MSA) throughout the facility and recommend improvements in measurement methodology.
- Develop and execute supplier development plans and activities including implementation and maintenance of all aspects of the Worldwide Integrated Supplier Performance Evaluation Resource(WISPER) at the facility level.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a quality role
- Candidate must be able to work in the U.S without needing company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of and experience with various industrial heat-treating processes.
- Very good understanding of variation reduction through the Six Sigma process and the linkage to formalized business systems, enterprise resource planning systems and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Good understanding of the role of belts in the deployment of Six Sigma and related tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of lean concepts, principles & tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Pull Systems and Standardized Work.
- Recommended credentials would include ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence and Six Sigma Black/Green Belt certification
- Training or experience in most of the following: Phase gate type new product release processes, Lean six sigma systems, Quality management system standards, Web based supplier performance evaluation systems, APQP, various new part approval processes, various failure modes and effects analysis’, DOE, and SPC.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time