Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Fluid Electrical Distribution division is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
This position is responsible to strategically develop and implement value stream-specific material replenishment strategies, consistent with Model Plant Rules and guidelines to provide the right parts in the right quantities at the right time to support plant operations. The role will require the individual to be familiar with the complete range of Aerospace ERP Rules and the ongoing management of supplier relationships both directly and through his/her subordinates. Since this position manages both entry level and experienced subordinates, it is critical that this individual be capable of training and developing subordinates.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will develop the replenishment strategy for all value stream part numbers in the MRP system to generate requirements for manufactured and purchased parts while ensuring desired inventory levels are maintained.
· You will balance current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
· You will act as a tie breaker between customer service and manufacturing.
· You will analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
· You will analyze and manage aggregate inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and inventory targets and goals Reviews planning parameters in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation.
· You will coordinate with Manufacturing, Program Management, Engineering and Customer Service groups to communicate plant-wide production scheduling information.
· You will analyze and manage aggregate inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and inventory targets and goals. Directs the materials planning and procurement team in analyzing the need for and size of strategic inventories to meet customer demand fluctuations. Arranges for the sale of scrap, obsolete, surplus materials and by-products in order to minimize excess material.
· You will train planners, buyers and other SCM team members. Establishes processes and metrics that develop planner, buyer and SCM team member skills consistent with Model Plant processes, policies and objectives.
· You will manage material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
· You will evaluate operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
· You will champion and lead assigned aerospace-wide SCM initiatives for the site.
· You will act as the back-up for the site Supply Chain Manager or Value Stream Manager.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in material management, industrial engineering, finance or supply chain management.
· Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.”
· No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Beltsville, MD.
· Master’s degree from an accredited institution
· Four (4) or more years of experience material management, industrial engineering, finance, or supply chain management a plus
· Application experience in Lean Concepts and APICS Certification
· Previous working experience in a manufacturing environment. Strong understanding of manufacturing processes as well as special processes.
· Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
· Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
· Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
· Expert knowledge of the various replenishment models (make to order, make to stock, make to forecast, etc.
· Ability to lead, train and develop planning team personnel
· Ability to lead cross-functional multi discipline and multi-functional teams.
· Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement
· Ability to develop strategies and priority setting for the Supply Chain initiatives.
· Strong planning/project management skills.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Strong PC application skills. Including complement of Microsoft Office Software, with strong capabilities in PowerPoint and Excel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time