Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Group Controller - Aerospace
Eaton Aerospace Group located in Irvine, CA has an opening for a Group Controller. This position will provide leadership to the Aerospace Group Senior Leadership Team and Finance Organization in conforming to corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. Drive business results and process improvements within the finance organization, create and implement policies and procedures to improve the control environment and provide increased transparency of results. Provide guidance and support in consolidating, reporting and analyzing monthly results, forecasts and plans. Provide insightful analysis to drive the development of challenging objectives and the action plans to achieve them.
The specific functions of this position include the following
A. Assure the existence and competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and corporate policies and procedures to guarantee the integrity of financial reporting.
B. Drive financial process and systems improvements to insure the integrity of financial results and to improve efficiencies.
C. Provide guidance and support in reviewing and analyzing monthly results and forecasts, including appropriate commentary to the Group, Sector and Corporate leadership teams. Highlight areas of concern and recommend improvement actions.
D. Perform special analyses to support strategic business decision making. This can include financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives, capital investments, changing business models, acquisition activity, make vs. buy analysis, pricing models, etc.
E. Recommend, review and provide input to Corporate and Sector on changes to Financial Policies and Procedures. Lead the development of Aerospace Group specific policies where required.
F. Lead the Aerospace Group profit planning process to orchestrate the efforts of the divisions and functional VP’s to develop a solid plan with all required presentation materials for Group and Sector review. Support the preparation of the Strategic Plan financials.
G. G Interface actively with the Division finance leaders, Sector and Corporate finance teams (tax, audit, treasury, etc) and Aerospace Group Senior Leadership Team.
H. Leads the monthly operating reviews with the Aerospace Group Senior Leadership Team and Industrial Sector Leadership. Prepare the quarterly fluctuation analysis for E&Y.
I. Work with Corporate Treasury to drive improvements to Aerospace Group currency and commodity hedging results.
J. Provide leadership to the Aerospace Group finance organization in recruiting and developing top talent. Coach and mentor high potentials within the organization.
K. Evaluates capital appropriation request and works with the Divisions to ensure documents meet all Corporate requirements and clearly articulate capital requirements and associated benefits to the organization.
• BS degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited university
· Minimum 10 years broad financial experience within manufacturing organization
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
The preferred criteria and specialized knowledge for this position are as follows:
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex matrixed global organizational structure.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
• Pronouncements of external regulatory bodies, such as Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, IASB, etc.
• International experience across financial disciplines, i.e., tax strategies, transfer pricing, currency hedging, statutory reporting, legal entity implications, etc.
• Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports.
• Broad general business knowledge.
• Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems.
• General knowledge of all functional areas of the Group, Sector and Corporate organizations.
• Working knowledge of sourcing and manufacturing practices followed by Operations personnel.
• Creates, promotes and sustains a high performance culture. Continuously raises the performance bar for the finance organization.
• Actively upgrades the organization through the infusion of top talent, through both the selection of new employees and the development of current employees. Must be capable of evaluating talent and building organizational capability. Requires good mentoring and coaching skills.
• Continuously re-assesses the organization’s skills, competencies and abilities to meet the business needs and drive results.
• Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas.
• Demonstrates professional presence, communicates articulately and confidently.
• Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
• Effectively leverages functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives.
• Acts as a business partner – sees the big picture – provides broad thought leadership.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time