Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
We are looking for an EHS Manager in Mogi Mirim, SP.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Prepares and submits all required environmental permit applications/renewals and routine agency reports, e.g., air emissions, water and waste water, hazardous/toxic waste, spills and releases, hazardous material/substance inventories;
- Reviews plant environmental permits and ensures terms and conditions are understood and complied with, ensures required documentation is maintained and required regulatory reports are submitted to the respective agency, e.g., air discharge permits, storm water discharge permits, local waste water permits;
- Evaluates proposed projects and proposed new chemicals and ensures plans are in-place and implemented to address EHS compliance issues;
- Investigates environmental incidents/accidents to determine root causes and prepares and implements corrective action plans;
- Participate in Strategic Plan and Profit Plan process representing the EHS are directions and requirements. Establish the EHS area’s budget and capital investment during the profit plan and control them during the year;
- Directs the plant’s ISO 14001 EMS and NPT as applicable;
- Ensures all required plant safety inspections are performed and documented, e.g., fire extinguishers, fire risers, emergency response equipment, safety showers, eye wash stations, emergency lights, ladders, housekeeping and that corrective actions are completed for identified deficiencies;
- Directs the plant’s health and safety management system, e.g., VPP, 18001, ISRS or country equivalent;
- Develops and implements feasible civil works projects, through technical and economic studies;
- Guarantees daily facilities maintenance planning execution, including property maintenance, air conditioning and water installation.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial, manufacturing, or chemical engineering, chemistry, industrial hygiene, safety or equivalent;
- Strong people development skills;
- Solid manufacturing experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training. Experience with security operations and/or facilities management is a plus;
- Thorough knowledge and training for hazardous/toxic waste requirements;
- Detailed comprehension of industry/state/country specific environmental, health, and safety requirements;
- Thorough knowledge and training for Hazard Materials Handling and Emergency Response requirements;
- Thorough knowledge and training for EHS systems development and deployment;
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes;
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes;
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams;
- Experience in the application of concepts and Continuous Improvement tools;
- Support/Lead Continuous Improvement activities in the plant;
- Fluent English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time