Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Product Engineer
Lead formal root cause and corrective action activities on production processes and design problems. Coordinate with internal and external customers to execute solutions.
Drive product improvements and cost reduction through engineering analysis.
Collaborate with cross-functional team of peers and staff, to develop and execute Continuous Improvement plans; that result in safer, faster and higher quality producing processes at lower manufacturing cost.
Lead Continuous Improvement Kaizen events and provide lean tool training in Value Stream Mapping, 5S+, Standard Work, Error Proofing and other lean tools as required to achieve the plant objectives. Foster development of a continuous improvement oriented culture.
Design, model and implement production tools, fixtures and or shop aids to reduce or eliminate manufacturing safety hazards such as ergonomic risk. Improve process safety.
Develop and maintain process work instructions, manufacturing routings, and product Bill Of Materials (BOM). Provide manufacturing process training as required to ensure accuracy and compliance to manufacturing standards.
Provide timely disposition of non-conforming materials (NCM), discrepant material reports (DMR), and implement root cause corrective actions relative to process improvement opportunities.
Execute manufacturing changes required to implement design changes.
Lead and or support the design, selection and or implementation of capital equipment projects.
Provide new product development or product transfer support, as required to support plant objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing or product design experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Hands on experience with designing and /or building mechanical components and systems.
- Experience creating models and drawings using Pro/E, Catia, or other similar tool.
- Demonstrated structured problem solving experience.
- Excellent facilitation skills, project management skills, and drive for results.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and schedule projects
- Good organizational skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
- Demonstrated experience in team environments
- Aerospace Industry experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Master’s degree
- Experience with materials and processes utilized in aerospace applications.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations as they pertain to part certification and repair station operations.
- Experience with mechanical engineering analyses (performance, stress, tolerance) and associated tools.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time