Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization.
• Manage projects and delegate assignments to junior field employees engineers; ensure assignments are being completed safely within deadlines, at or under budget, and within quality expectations.
• Act as a technical expert in the engineering and services field by exhibiting product application knowledge, and customer interface.
• Provide coordination on service programs to optimize customer service and market penetration.
• Answer application questions and provide sales support.
• Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district.
• Support and develop training plans and direct reports creating a strong talent bench to enhance DOC’s ability meet strategic goals and exceed customer expectations.
• Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
• Provide input to the profit and strategic planning processes and submit monthly operations report summarizing key events throughout each month.
• Key interface with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
• Handles escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
• Coordinate product warranty issues within the district to resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years leading large service engineering projects and/or three to five years of management experience in another field.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Engineering Technology) from an accredited institution.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and EESS industry, products and solutions.
• Candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
• Implementing growth plans
• Executing tactical plans to support the DOC’s goals.
• Electrical Contractor’s license
• Professional Engineering license
• General Contractor’s license
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong computer skills
• Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
• Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
• Must be able to lead and manage upwards and downwards.
• Handles pressures well.
• Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve country/region/division success.
• Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time