Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Power Motion Control Division within the Hydraulics Group is seeking an Accountant. The Accountant will be based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The Accountant is responsible for upholding the integrity of financial results, as well as fully support Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance. They will provide financial reporting to assist plant leadership in making sound business decisions. In addition, this key role will oversee the location’s payroll and assist the Controller on ad hoc projects.
- Administer plant payroll & monitor timekeeping system
- Oversee intercompany transactions and ensure receivables/payables are current
- Ensure continued plant compliance with SOX requirements – including the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Consistently apply generally accepted accounting principles and company policy to the financial activity at the plant.
- Administer and monitor P-card program.
- Provide various reports to management – including (but not limited to) tooling, supplies, overtime.
- Maintain unvouchered report and assist purchasing with root cause analysis to minimize on hold/past due invoices.
- Code & process all non-PO invoices through the Markview system
- Assist team with annual activities – including LIFO, annual physical inventory, and access reviews
- Assist with monthly forecasting and annual profit plan development.
- Provide miscellaneous administrative/adhoc projects support to finance team.
- Champion fixed asset controls & database – as well as support capital projects
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- 2 years experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience within manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of MFG Pro - ERP / Oracle
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time