Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a talented Production Supervisor to support 2nd shift operations in Roxboro, NC.
This individual would be responsible for ensuring overall responsibility for leading a manufacturing team in achieving quality, cost, delivery and employee safety goals. Active participation in MESH to support a Zero Incident Culture. Plan and monitor key metrics to ensure quality, cost, delivery and safety requirements are met. Ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system and financial reporting requirements. Co-ordinate manufacturing schedules and priorities within the production plan to satisfy customer requirements. Control in-process inventory to achieve production requirements with minimum impact on inventory levels. Direct application of capital and people resources to maximize operating efficiency. Facilitate problem-solving and corrective action for production issues. Provide leadership to employees to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
· Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
· Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
· Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
· Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
· Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
· Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
· Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
· Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
· Establishes and plans manpower requirements to ensure 100% on time delivery.
· Initiates and maintains plant requirements to all mandatory environmental and safety regulations.
· Directs entire manufacturing process on the off shift.
· Support ongoing improvement on OEE.
· Counsels and evaluates employee performance.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Operations or a combination of those functions
· Minimum 1 year of experience leading people or project teams
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
· Demonstrated ability to lead change.
· Understanding of financial practices and financial statements as they relate to manufacturing.
· Direct exposure to domestic auto manufacturers.
· Proven track record of success in prior positions.
· Broad technical knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes, quality assurance, plant engineering, production/materials planning, SPC, problem solving methods, root cause analysis and systems applications.
· Position requires managerial skills, the ability to train and motivate a group of employees towards a common goal, must have team building as the ultimate goal.
· Advanced communication skills required for interaction with all levels of plant associates.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico