Business Manager, Mobile Wireless & Embedded Power
- Direct cross functional team within all three businesses to achieve Profit Plan revenue and profitability targets. Effectively manage sales team to focus on key account management and executing strategic growth initiatives to achieve incremental growth in existing and new markets.
- Responsible for all P&L activities to sustain and grow the product line including sales, product planning, positioning, pricing, and promotion for all three business units: Mobile Wireless, Embedded Power, and Intercompany.
- Act as site leader for Mobile Wireless business, including ownership of R&D, operations, customer service, and manufacturing engineering.
- Define and implement business strategies for life cycle management, project priorities, and pricing strategies. Effectively coordinate with functional teams to achieve development schedules. Responsible for price and manufacturing strategy to manage product obsolescence and conversion to new product platforms.
- Lead Eaton Business System process including strategic planning, product roadmap/waterline, and annual profit planning. Coordinate long-term business and resource planning to ensure clear and consistent product line transitions. Achieve associated metric commitments with a focus on revenue, margin, NPI launch schedule compliance, and customer satisfaction.
- Define and own product roadmaps for product lines within all three business segments. Establish long-range growth objectives, obtain supporting information through market and technology research, competitive and customer analysis, and customer visits. Lead annual profit plan development.
- Drive competitive differentiation and customer satisfaction through the incorporation of customer value insights obtained through the conversion of VOC inputs into product features/benefits.
- Champion product lines within all three segments to other Eaton channels to achieve synergy growth targets, including co-product development efforts, joint marketing initiatives, customer synergies through new channels, and incremental sourcing opportunities through intercompany channels.
- Responsibility for analysis of total market potential and establishing market strategies to optimize short and long-term business performance in terms of profitability, sales, market penetration and minimization the effect of competition.
- Lead operations function for the business by driving and communicating key metrics on product delivery, quality, financial performance, and cost-out to Division management.
- Initiate and/or approve ProLaunch projects, prioritize and support Wireless project deck, working in conjunction with project management and R&D resources, help to ensure schedule adherence.
- Develop business plans for financial justification and capital investment when appropriate and defined by Eaton EBS process. Actively support cost out and quality mission objectives.
- Supervise and manage performance of assigned staff, including APEX process consisting of midyear reviews, annual reviews, coaching, setting goals and development plans. Ensure proper compliance of Corporate policies including EEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing management role, including product management or strategic sales management within a technical field.
- Strong customer facing skills and commercial business process experience
- Demonstrated success as a Manager of People
- Self-Initiator, analytical, ability to work independently
- Demonstrated adaptability, business acumen, change management
- Demonstrated leadership under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in additional to strong organizational skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
- Experience with industrial communications technologies, preferably wireless communication
- Knowledge of industrial facilities and mobile equipment sectors
- Process experience with Prolaunch or an equivalent gated NPI process framework
- MBA preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time