Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Programs Engineer
Eaton is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace. Eaton designs, manufactures and integrates the industry’s most advanced products and technologies for hydraulic systems, fuel and inerting systems, motion control and engine solutions, propulsion sub-systems and cockpit interface and circuit protection applications for commercial and military programs. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio of components consistently sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, resulting in superior systems design and integration capability. These products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. For more information, visit www.eaton.eu and www.aerospace.eaton.com
The Titchfield site, part of Fuel and Motion Control Systems (FMC) division, continues to be the largest site in the UK employing approximately 900 people. The prime purpose of the site is the design, manufacture and aftermarket support of key fuel system components for the major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Airbus.
Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Programs Engineer
Location: / Titchfield, UK /
Reports to Engineering Manager, RMSCOE. The incumbent will analyze the reliability, maintainability and safety (RMS) considerations of various product development and improvement initiatives. The incumbent will also be able to lead RMS functions on programs without assistance. Assignments will be predominantly focused on, but not limited to, reliability and quality improvements of mostly mechanical aircraft systems, aircraft component controllers, and components such as pumps, valves, actuators, and ducting on both military and commercial platforms. Responsibilities include data analysis, performing RMS analyses at a component and system level, providing insight and feedback to internal and external customers, and to support the push of RMS into all products.
· Drive an understanding of product designs and improvements through qualitative and quantitative
RMS engineering analyses at both a system and component level. This also includes supportability/logistics activities for various type of commercial and military aircraft.
· Set forth RMS plans for a program from cradle to grave. Lead a comprehensive risk management process, such as DFMEA, robustness models (P-diagram), and a program risk management log
· Drive risk reduction through preventive actions (design concept selection processes)
· Support PROLaunch/ACES swim lanes for new product development.
· Support the safety certification processes of various airframe manufacturers through analyses and documentation support. This includes a basic understanding of safety standards such as ARP4754, ARP4761, DO-178C, and DO-254.
· Support customer service product inquiries regarding products. Read and interpret internal, industrial and customer product specifications and make recommendations for enhancements based on engineering analysis and field data.
· Support FRACAS system development, tracking and metric development.
· Help create paths to efficiency in daily activities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or a Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
· Relevant years of experience in a RMS role
· Knowledge of basic probability and statistics
· Knowledge of handling large data sets
· Working knowledge of aerospace systems and components
· Experience with FMEA and FTA analyses
· Experience with reliability prediction models
· Active Security Clearance
· Understanding of In Service Data from commercial aircraft operators
· Experience in dealing with aircraft manufacturers and operators
· Experience with MSG-3 analyses
· Experience with computer tools such as Minitab, Matlab, OpenBUGS, Mathematica, fault tree codes and/or other RMS tools.Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or a Master’s
What Eaton offers:
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time