Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Handler - 1st Shift
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Material Handler - 1st Shift within the Power Systems Division, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin at the Badger Street site.
Responsible for the smooth, efficient flow of all raw material and fabricated material into, throughout, and out of Department 24. Uses forklift, stand-up stacker, walk along, and 5-30 ton cranes.
- Delivers finished fabricated parts from machine area to the welding area, kitting area, 1Ph and 3Ph shipping docks, and fills out necessary paperwork.
- Moves pallets of in-process work to where they are accessible to various machines.
- Keeps department provided with pallets and disposed of unusable pallets.
- Stacks work-in-process or component parts in storage racks.
- Disposes of department’s scrap stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and trash by delivering bins to the 1Ph shipping dock at the request of the unit supervisor.
- Uses 5 ton crane to unload bar stock and sheet from trucks. Locates material with proper identification attached and turn receiving paperwork into office. If no blanking line operators are scheduled to work, the material handler will use the 30 ton crane to unload coil steel from trucks.
- Receives, locates, and issues “daily release” parts on a daily basis to assure proper inventory.
- Disposes of all scrap steel into dumpsters outside of building. When dumpsters are ready to be shipped, makes out scrap tickets and notifies dispatcher, by telephone, at the scrap salvage company which dumpster to pick up.
- Delivers stand-up stackers and walkers for battery changes once on the shift. Passes out gloves to the following shift’s machine operators.
- Removes and inserts die-sets for the HTC press.
- Occasionally works with an incentive worker at a pace not to restrict the incentive worker.
• -Experience in the safe operation of various types of material handling equipment.
• -A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required from an accredited institution.
• -The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
• -No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No