Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Analyst, Commercial Finance
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is seeking a Senior Analyst, Commercial Finance. The Senior Analyst, Commercial Finance will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Senior Analyst- Commercial Finance works collaboratively with sales OPEX, pricing, customer service, field sales and marketing as well as supply chain, FP&A, operations and IT teams. This role is viewed as a strong developmental role for future leadership in the commercial or financial functions and provides an excellent learning opportunity on the front-end side of the Hydraulics Business. The role provides an opportunity to gain a broad understanding of our major customers, markets and products as well as how we go to market through pricing, rebate strategies and channel partnerships.
The role is expected to partner with senior commercial leadership to drive performance as well as significant improvements in our standard commercial reporting, our understanding of our front end business dynamics and controls around commitments for growth and profitability. Through improvements in the quality and timeliness of our top line analytics & processes, this role will be enabling sales, operations & finance to more quickly and confidently make the business decisions necessary to drive expected results.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing and deliver tools and metrics to promote organizational alignment with the company’s strategic commercial goals and drive ownership to individual and team performance.
- Develop and maintain databases and processes that support sales and margin reporting. Work cross functionally with supply chain, operations and finance to improve current processes and raise the bar of quality and capability for margin and mix analytics.
- Facilitate the publishing of sales and margin reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Identify factors that contribute to trends and reporting variances and provide timely insight and analysis into such factors as sales, margin, customer/product/channel mix, deductions, pricing etc.
- Produce financial reviews to evaluate the impacts and outcomes of key drivers in our commercial demand; market, penetration, attrition, new products, pricing, etc
- Prepare standard and ad hoc executive level operating review analytics driving focus on both leading and lagging commercial sales and margin indicators
- Provide commercial support for cross-functional strategic long-term projects (systems & processes)
- Complete monthly tasks and controls required to ensure financial integrity and audit compliance of all commercial expenses and programs impacting trade deductions and support; growth programs, tooling programs, rebates, customer specific contracts, sales incentives, etc.
- Support development of India reporting and analytics capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of business experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- General systems and data knowledge / experience:
- BI / financial reporting systems: Cognos, OBIEE, HFM, salesforce.com, Longview Solutions Khalix, other
- ERP systems: SAP, Oracle, MFGpro
- Big data and data warehouse architecture
- Accounting or finance experience
- Standard costing experience
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Commercial finance experience
- Proven problem solving abilities and analytical skills
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Change agent; demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Ethical; operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time