Technical Support Representative
Respond to email and phone inquiries from distributors, Customer Service Representatives, Eaton Sales Representatives, Original Equipment Manufacturers, and other Eaton employees and customers.
Responding to product inquiries involves finding information in online or printed catalogs, online or hard-copy engineering documents, or asking subject matter experts within the company.
Multiple inquiries will be received on an ongoing basis, and timely responses are expected. This requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with frequent interruptions, managing multiple inquiries from various sources.
Inquiries will be received from both phone and electronic sources. Multitasking is required. The Technical Support Representative will often use the computer while speaking on the phone, and change frequently between electronic and phone requests.
Track and document inquiries and corresponding solutions in appropriate shared databases for tracking key metrics, sharing technical information, and for general market intelligence information.
Establish key subject matter expert contacts within the organization as sources of information on products.
Develop expertise in specific Eaton products or technical areas to help resolve inquiries, and share that expertise with others in the Technical Support Team. This may include receiving both formal and informal training as required/available.
Provide feedback to other Eaton functions including Marketing, Sales, Field Service Representatives and Communications related to Eaton products as used in field applications.
Foster an environment, which promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement, builds customer relationships, and creates a team environment.
Provide periodic reports of activities.
Assists with training new team members as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years’ technical experience in the hydraulics industry or a technical Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Certification(s) from the International Fluid Power Society (IFPS)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute.
- Functional understanding of mobile and/or industrial hydraulics products and terminology
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Exceptional, service-oriented verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to a wide range of technical and non-technical people.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Patient, service-oriented, customer-focused conflict management skills
- Ability to work in an environment with high call volume, creating frequent interruptions during the work day.
- Hydraulics product testing, sales, service, troubleshooting, or circuit design experience
- Basic understanding of engineering/mechanical drawings and hydraulic circuit schematics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time